Why you don't want a small shaving brush.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
At some point I bought a Simpson Special, it is a small brush. Short, thin, probably intended to be a travel brush. It worked OK but I didn't like the diminutive size so I bought a Colonel and gave my wife the little special for doing her legs and such. She loved it. I say loved because it is no longer here. As of about 5 minutes ago it went off to that undiscovered country from whose borne no traveller returns, the toilet. I'm standing there taking a leak (forgive my bluntness, but there's no other simple way to say it) and notice the little brush on the shelf above the commode not hanging as it should be in it's stand, but sitting on it's base. This annoys me to no end as the knot won't dry quickly and the knot could be lost to dampness, so as I press the flush lever with one hand I reach with the other to place the brush properly in it's stand and, you guessed it, through my hand it goes and lands bullseye in the circling water. There was about a half second of time to thrust my hand into the swirling water, which of course I did, only to be too late to save it. I stood there dumbfounded for quite a long time, fearful in the knowledge that I now had to go out to the living room and explain to my wife why I was screaming "Aaiiighhh!!! in the bathroom (this time).

Of course now she wants a new, better brush.
"Go get on ebay and find me a new one! But wash first"
:pale:

taharris":in97lzsu said:
If you had only left well enough alone...
But it was not well enough, it was incorrect (ocd a little? I do). I considered going out there to lecture her (again) on the proper care of a fine badger shave brush and end with a snarky comment about how I just went ahead and put it out of it's misery for her, but luckily I chose not to. I'm getting to slow to duck quickly enough anymore.

Ever noticed which way the manufacturer puts the writing on a brush?

It has been proven that upside down,as you do it, does absolutely nothing to speed up drying. It's also been proven that peeing on them does not make the wife happy.

Thd one thought that I can't get past, if you hang it bristles up any moisture sits on the knot, bristles down it finds it's way to the tips where the air eliminates it.

At least it wasn't a pipe. I tend to clean Pete system pipes over the water, so I can just flush the nasty tissue bits away. It's only a matter of time.

The air evaporates it at the same rate regardless of positioning. It's been tested ad naseum.

No matter how much trauma a married man suffers, he should refrain from making any statements he doesn't want to be reminded of for the next 30 years.

.... and the water goes round and round ! That 'll teach ya to leave well enough alone !! :twisted: :twisted:

I'm just wondering if you would have said anything to her if you HAD managed to pull it out of the toilet.

George Kaplan":ex479o7q said:
I'm just wondering if you would have said anything to her if you HAD managed to pull it out of the toilet.
:lol!: No comment :|