Wide dress shoes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mejoshee

Reaction score
I have wide feet. Absurdly wide. 4E is not really comfy for me, so I wear 5-6E. Unfortunately, all the nice dress shoes are tailored to 3E or less. The "normal" shoe stores may have nice options, but I look sadly and longingly at them and sigh in dismissal. They will never fit. I see those magazine covers and men's fashion ads and I feel left out. :cry:

I don't buy shoes that often anyway, but thanks to the internet, when I do, now I can try 10 pairs at a time. The problem is that usually "extra wide" shoes tend to look like old man/Frankenstein types or with velcroed straps. Being a younger man, I'd still like to have something modern/snazzy like a good wingtip oxford, but this seems to not be very common.

So far, I've had decent luck with Hush Puppies and to a lesser extent Florsheim for dress shoes, but that's about it. Forget Allen Edmonds. Anybody have other brands that fit huge feet?

Josh, have you tried anything from Frye?

I have wide feet and I also suffer from a fair amount of neuropathy in both my feet. I struggle with finding comfortable shoes. I can actually wear their Chukkas for a good portion of the day w/o feeling like I need to take my shoes off.

Naot makes comfortable wider shoes as well.

I wear a 14 E, and i I am very sensitive to toe box size. I also spend a lot of time on my feet and am always in "uniform." Essentially I have to have a service oxford that can be worn with a suit and won't look like a work boot under vestments. I like the Propet line, and am wearing a pair now...

DrumsAndBeer":q6aewpvr said:
Josh, have you tried anything from Frye?

I have wide feet and I also suffer from a fair amount of neuropathy in both my feet. I struggle with finding comfortable shoes. I can actually wear their Chukkas for a good portion of the day w/o feeling like I need to take my shoes off.

Naot makes comfortable wider shoes as well.
I looked at Frye on zappos' listings, but they only have up to "wide" which is typically D-E size. I need wider.

Try these folks. I've bought from them for OVER 30 years now and they make and sell GOOD SHOES in a WIDE variety of styles and sizes at REASONABLE $s :twisted:

http://www.bamason.com/

I feel your pain Josh I really do. My feet look more like scuba fins. Real narrow at the heal and wide across the toes. Top that with my toes all being pretty close to straight across. I was friends with a boot repair guy way back in the day and he custom made a pair for me, I kept getting them resoled for years. I was devastated when they got lost in one of my many moves. Hope you find what you're looking for.