Wife bought a 'Scented Oil' burner

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_In_MO

Smoker of Fine Aromatics
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
So my wife, while shopping at Wal-Mart, buys this silly little Tealight Candle Oil Burner and 6 different bottles of scented oils for it. Of course I didn't think much of it when she first lit this thing up, as a good Aro smells much better in the house - to me at least. :lol:

Anyway, I have to say that after her playing with it for a week or so, I'm starting to like the darn thing more and more. I even bought a bottle of Cinnamon Oil to use for it. I never once thought I would even like something stupid like this, much less use it.

Needless to say, the whole house now smells like cinnamon and I'm hungry for cinnamon rolls... :x

oil_burner.jpg

(I think she's trying to tell me that my English blends stink up the house) :lol:

Apparently Rob's running a Witty Quip Contest, wherein the theme is, "How To Compare Rob's Artificial Scent Makers: His Aromatics vs. His Scented Candle Doohickey."

Here's my contributions:

"Hey, Rob, drop some of that oil in your Lane mixtures!"

"Rob, have you tried putting your tobacco in the contraption instead?"

"I can't tell where the aros end and the scented oils begin!"

:p

...bridge the gap, Rob! :cheers: You know you wanna try it. :twisted:

We're big on the melts/chunks and warmers (chunks of scented candle wax on a warming plate). Say what you will, but coming home to a house that smells like butterscotch is this fat kid's dream come true!

Kyle, I don't want to hear about Rob's "Scented Candle Doohickey." :cyclops:

Anyway:
SWMBO used to make candles, so I got used to smelling all the scents....

Rob_In_MO":07vm6qgl said:
(I think she's trying to tell me that my English blends stink up the house) :lol:
Don't let Marty (Lipipe) hear about this.
He'll give you a man-scolding about how crucial it is for a woman to appreciate
her man's "man-scent"... :p

Harlock999":es03mgk1 said:
Ssshhhh - don't say it very loudly and maybe he won't notice. :D

I got a tin of Star of the East Flake yesterday on Mr. Kyles advice (very good by the way) and had my wife take a sniff, she told me it smelled horrible. When I asked her what the first image that came to her head was she said "chest hair" :shock: . Lol guess lipipe is on to something about lats and manliness. :twisted:

Rob_In_MO":fng9nitv said:
Harlock999":fng9nitv said:
Ssshhhh - don't say it very loudly and maybe he won't notice. :D
Does the Scented Candle Doohickey work with olive oil, too? ;)

It does look like a big ashtray. Just needs a pipe cork stuck in the middle. LOL.

Rob_In_MO":4toh5rf1 said:
MisterE":4toh5rf1 said:
Does the Scented Candle Doohickey work with olive oil, too? ;)
Aw Crap. We don't need to get that started again, no do we? :lol:
Maybe one could try used motor oil...sort of get the wife used to Latakia smelling good?

Where you've gotta look out is Nose Fatigue.

Mrs. Yak's been a scented candle lover for years.

What tends to happen is, she'll light one. Pretty soon the place smells all nice. But the longer it goes, the less she notices how strong the aroma's becoming. Yak comes home from work and goes into sinus overload by the time he gets to the top of the stairs from the garage/basement.

Like alcohol & perfume (not surprisingly), it's nice stuff, but less is more. And too much is far worse than none at all. IMO.

:face:

Yak - I couldn't agree more, Sir.
That has already become an issue with the wife and her scented oils and candles.

If she keeps this up, I'm going to Lat-Bomb the hell outta the house when she's at work Wednesday (and I'm home). :twisted: