Willie Nelson Concert - had a great time!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d4klutz

Reaction score
So,  I finally got to cross the Willie Nelson concert off of my bucket list.  Yay!  It was an awesome time.  My wife and I really enjoyed our time there.  I represented the pipe world by smoking McCranie's Somerled in my BSP pipes.  Everywhere I turned, people were telling me how nice my pipes were and how good they smelled.  I even had one person tell me not to worry if they followed me.  They just like the smell of a pipe that much.  LOL.

Anyways, it was a great concert.  I didn't get to meet Willie, but it was great to see and hear him in person.

Here is a picture of me and my wonderful wife.  We celebrated our 7th anniversary with this trip.

20150326_185501-M.jpg

Superb JP! I remember you saying you had this sortie planned a few months ago. Sounds like you had a cracking time and a much deserved break. It's good to hear our Kirk's pipes are getting noticed and admired across the globe, rightly so too. Congrats on the 7th anniversary, here's to many more.

Incidently, I can't for the life of me think where you got the inspiration for your avatar... :suspect:

Sounds like you had a great time JP. And very fortunate for you to catch Willie when you still can. No telling how long he'll still be with us.

Looks like you and the lass are enjoying yourselves as well in that pic! And also pleasantly surprised to learn you had a positive reaction to your pipe smoking. In these days of uber pc folks I'd have thought they'd be feigning coughing and crying out about second hand smoke!

;)

Cheers,

RR

We were fortunate enough to catch a Willie Nelson concert in the late 70's or early 80's (Cattle Congress, Waterloo, Iowa). Wonderful music, great show.

There were a lot of pipes in attendance, but they all seemed to be small ones--brass and stone. And a lot of poorly formed cigarettes, too.

Glad he's still making great music.

Congrats on the wedding anniversary and - seeing Willie perform. Always good to hear positive pipe smoking stories too.

:cheers:

It was a great time. Stick, my wife made my avatar for me. She took a profile picture of me and then converted it to a silhouette. :)

Anyways, I figured that since I knew there would be lots of people in attendance (standing room only in general admission) that I would have to overcome the pot smokers (of which there were none in evidence) and the cig smokers, with the wonderful pipe aroma. LOL. I think I succeeded. LOL

Congratulations! We saw "Willie Nelson & Family" a few years ago, he puts on one heck of a show.

Willie is one of the few originals of the outlaw country movement left. I'm sure you guys will be talking about this one for years! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

d4klutz":gjcwi39l said:
Fine looking couple there. Though I'd imagine Her daddy wasn't to thrilled about her marrying so low.. :D

Never been to one of his concerts but I have been to his truck stop down in Carl's Corner on many occasions.

Glad to hear you guys had such a good time! Congrats on the anniversary too.

Although I'm more of a Waylon fan I am happy you guys enjoyed yourselves.
Twenty years from now you all be lucky to enjoy the same TV program.