Wilson's sampler

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddy-boy

Reaction score
My Wilson's sampler came in from Mars cigars.
I look forward to giving it a try

Enjoy, and sniff in good health.

I find Wilson's snuffs are best after you've had them open a few days... the aromatics mellow out a bit, and the natural ammonia (a sign of good, fresh snuff) dissipates.

Doc
Should I hold off on the super menthol for a bit, till I get used to snuff?

The more veteran snuffers might be better to ask on that point. I'm still an amateur!

When I was jsut starting, I found it easier to take the strongly mentholated snuff, with the pleasant numbing/cooling effect. But Wilson's was also finer and drier than the Poschl snuffs I'd started with, and I had a tough time learning to take it with a gentle sniff.

Don't expose snuff to air!Air is the enemy of snuff.It's not like pipe tobacco.

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":v3n2qivs said:
Don't expose snuff to air!Air is the enemy of snuff.It's not like pipe tobacco.:
I should've been more clear--by "open a few days" I meant the normal opening and closing of the boxes, not "constantly exposed to air." My bad, sorry.

In the case of Wilson's it's probably better to transfer your daily portion to a more secure box anyhow--once you pull away the tape, those tin lids never stay on as snugly as they should.

All right I tried the Irish High Toast No. 22
Half a pea size in each nostril with a very light sniff
Jesus, Mary and Joseph this stuff is not for the young or faint of heart.
What a rush
I may not sleep a wink tonight

Dont be afraid of menthol. Some like it, some don't. I'm one of those that prefer mentholated snuffs. Though I havent had the one you mention.

Snuff is invigorating almost instantly,that kick that cigarette smokers
seek can be found with nasal snuff.I can feel that "Rush" in my bloodstream
when I take my morning pinch of Gletscher Prise. 8)

Winslow :sunny:

So far today I have had
a couple pinches of Best SP
a couple pinches of Crumbs of Comfort
and a pinch of Super Menthol
I am really digging the menthol.
I wish I had discovered this stuff years ago