Wish me luck!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idbowman

Reaction score
Given the medical procedures many of our members have posted on here, elective surgery probably doesn't really rate, but I thought I'd post all the same. I'm headed in for LASIK corrective eye surgery tomorrow, and thought I'd mention it (no nerves or anything at this point, but that probably means I'll be a nervous wreck by the time I show up for the procedure).

You've heard of "luck o' the Irish"? Most people think it means a stroke of good luck...it actually means crap for luck. I mean, we are talking about a People that we're oppressed by their overlords for, what?, 5-6,00 years? And then they started dying and sending their children away at every chance because of a potato famine..
Luck o' the Irish is bad luck.. but it's still above BoB Surgical Procedure Luck. Personally I'd delete my account, or have one of the compassionate admins do it.

Having said that, Good Luck! :D

Good luck Ian. Prayers for you and your doctor. :)

AJ

Best of luck Ian.
Is this your surgeon?

latest

Best of luck!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VBkPwDaF7lg" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

good luck, I hope that everything goes well

I hear the tech has come a long way from a big magnifying glass and direct sunlight, should go without a hitch, but just in case, good luck!

I've an old friend who's name is also Ian that had this done a few years ago and he's leery of doctors in general. He dreaded having this procedure but it was the only alternative to his eyesight getting bad enough to have his drivers licence cancelled.

Afterwards he admitted that there was nothing to it, no discomfort to speak of. He was still nervous as all get out about going in though!

You'll do fine Ian.

Cheers,

RR

You'll be right as rain in no time and with a new lease of life. Here's to the clearer days ahead!

After just having had a triple bypass I think a Lasik procedure would be a piece of cake! :twisted: :twisted:  Go for it as your eyes are worth it !! Hang in there brother !! :twisted: :twisted:

I wish you luck sir ;) , I only wish I could go for the same thing cause I HATE glasses but, they tell me it won't make a difference because I have astigmatism.

Cart, I'm glad you recognize that us astigmatics aren't being treated fairly.. I think we need a class action lawsuit, a catchy hashtag, and some of them ugly chicks that do all that social justice warrior type stuff to aid in the cause.

Reckon Ian made it?

puros_bran":b8tf4bki said:
...and some of them ugly chicks that do all that social justice warrior type stuff to aid in the cause.
4cViA1.jpg

Hey as long as it gets me in as a tier one in a class action and allows me to play the eyeball card every time I got caught stealing and what not I'd be down for it.

Ian, by now you're out of surgery but I wish you a speedy recovery and hope the procedure leaves your eyes better than ever!

idbowman":b59gsjdt said:
And all is well.  Science is awesome.
Good to hear sir!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FscIgtDJFXg" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>