Working From Home, Pipe In Hand!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brdavidson

Reaction score
I finally convinced the owner of my company to let me work from home one day a week to do all the marketing activities that constantly get interrupted by others when I'm in the office. This way I can do all the writing and planning for the week and do so without being interrupted to help someone lift boxes of paper.

Of course the greater benefit is the 20' commute along with being able to smoke my pipe all day while I write. Already today I've had a great idea for a marketing campaign while puffing away on my pipe and sipping a coffee. I need to find me a way to make this a more permanent situation!

This next bowl is to all my new friends on the Brothers of Briar forums, may your day be as peaceful and smokey as mine!

Brian

I have to admit it is rather nice. Laptop is setup, the sun is shining (although bloody cold out) and the dog is napping at my feet. Sipping a bowl of Carter Hall in a Brigham Chinook 47 Bent Dublin and this is the best morning at work in a very long while! The writing is going well, the big decision is what to smoke next!

brdavidson":4q8d4x5g said:
I have to admit it is rather nice.  Laptop is setup, the sun is shining (although bloody cold out) and the dog is napping at my feet.  Sipping a bowl of Carter Hall in a Brigham Chinook 47 Bent Dublin and this is the best morning at work in a very long while!  The writing is going well, the big decision is what to smoke next!
At least you're getting work done...I'd just be smoking and sipping a coffee, probably not get anything done. haha!

Well as you can tell I'm not totally focused on work as I'm posting on here. However, I've actually been pretty productive so far. I have written a sales email due to be delivered a little later this morning. I've started writing the monthly corporate newsletter and I've got ideas jotted down for a new sales video we'll be posting on our company website later this month. (complete with a possible pipe in the video!)

I guess when it comes to a creative endeavour this is a great situation to be in, totally relaxed and I truly believe my pipe has helped me focus my thoughts and contributed to some new ideas.

Nothing personal, I hate you, just a little, ok I am just jealous :face:   Congrats on this!

Sorry Fatman, if it makes you feel any better it took almost 2 years to convince the owner that this would be a productive use of my time. Knowing him he could change his mind at any point. As long as I produce a bunch of work he can see I should be ok though. Wasn't trying to gloat, just celebrating a long process and finally success. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd feel the same as you!

I am just envious :) there is no way to do my job from home, drat!

One of these days I'm going to find a way to make this a permanent situation. With the technology available today and the type of work I do, I don't need to be at the office much at all. Either I'll push to be at home or maybe just start something myself and be my own boss finally.

Get back to work, you slacker!   Don't make me call your Boss!

How do you expect to be productive and actually accomplish anything if you're posting on here all day?  8) 

:lol!: 

Sorry, Brother, couldn't help it. :lol: 
Sounds like a perfect setup and hopefully your boss will see the positive results and increase your days of working from home.

Enjoy sir it's not many that have the opportunity to pull that off!

Jim

ftrplt":pn07datc said:
Being able to smoke in one's own home is a long-forgotten dream for darn near all of us puffers!! FTRPLT
I've been able to smoke in my home for over 40 years now. I paid for it, I smoke in it !! :twisted: :twisted: 

I'm not jealous in the least sir, more power to ya.
I sit at home ALL day EVERY day and enjoy my pipe............weather permitting damit! :suspect:

I smoke outside, of my OWN free will. :mrgreen: 

I have a job in which I have to make many decisions and think (Vice Principal of a school). However usually things are hectic, noisy and as you mentioned filled with interruptions. Making decisions under those circumstances can too often be counterproductive. However every morning I start my day with a long pipe and deep thoughts about the current issues confronting our school community. My best thinking takes place then and solutions seem to crystallize easier. Taking time to think and reflect is integral in many jobs and a pipe is the perfect companion to that.
Now I am starting to look at problems with a lens of "small problem" or "pipe problem". A "pipe problem" refers to one that is quite complex so therefore needs at least a bowl before any decision or action can be taken.

That's awesome Brian, multi-tasking/slacking, who cares so long as you get enough work done and get to enjoy some fine tobacco at home, way to go Bro, enjoy.  :sunny: 

monbla256":b5sm9n0v said:
I've been able to smoke in my home for over 40 years now. I paid for it, I smoke in it !! :twisted: :twisted: 
That's the way it's supposed to be Michael. I paid the mortgage so I smoke when and where I please. When there was a complaint about the air quality I had a commercial size air purifier installed. No more complaints. When it's cold, rainy, or miserably hot outside I just sit back in my recliner and enjoy the pleasure my beloved pipes and tobacco deliver in my home where the weather is always great. I get to do this every day because I'm retired. For some of us life can be truly grand.  :) 

AJ

Glad that it's working for you Brian. Unfortunately, my house is too small to fit a 737 so I'm going to have to commute for a couple more years.