WOS Best SP

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDAVE

Reaction score
I just got some WOS Best SP and was kinda disappointed. It had no burn and not much scent, the drip was nice though. Are SPs like this or am I missing something? What SP would you recommend? I did notice that tin wasn't overflowing with snuff like the other WOS I have tried, could it have been a bad tin?

If you want to give a WoS SP another try, Tom Buck is my SP of choice. Toque SP Extra is nice too, with the usual caveat that Toque snuffs (to my sniffer) have a much shorter "finish" than others I've tried.

The thing about WoS in my opinion is that their "sealing mechanism" doesn't really seal. On the bright side, they're able to be brought back to life to some extent. Two methods:

1) Put the snuff in a larger container and cover it with a damp paper towel until moister.

2) Add a few drops straight to the tin and put it away for a day or two. Never try this with a toast or scotch as all you'll end up with is little snuff "bullets."

Some of my favorite SP's apart from yours: McChrystal's SP, WoS Best Dark, Grand Cairo, Gold label, and a big +1 for Tom Buck.

Oh, I forgot about Gold Label! Good call.

The OTHER Wilson's (blue boxes) makes a tasty S.P., too. SG Yellow Crest is what I'm snuffing now, and enjoying--I think that's within the SP class, also. (It's the least sneezy fine milled snuff I've tried.)

Doc Manhattan":fjkzuto0 said:
Oh, I forgot about Gold Label! Good call.

The OTHER Wilson's (blue boxes) makes a tasty S.P., too. SG Yellow Crest is what I'm snuffing now, and enjoying--I think that's within the SP class, also. (It's the least sneezy fine milled snuff I've tried.)
I love love love the SG "crests." Always in my rotation. :cheers: