Would you care for more????

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebiz

Reaction score
After reading some of my posts and short stories, it was suggested that I write a book. As I told everyone, it was hard for me to imagine having the ability to write something that anyone would be interested in... at least, enough to pay for it! Without going into a lot of long, drawn out detail, I made an offer... a suggestion was made... I expressed some concerns... and, another offer was made. Heck, there was even one brother who offered to compensate me for some of my stories!! :shock: Then, I said that before anyone went to any trouble, I'd post a poll and ask if there was enough interest to justify it.

Here's the skinny... bluedigital has offered to create a website where I can post my stories. In a bid to keep an unscrupulous lurker from stealing anything, the site would be a secure site that only members of BoB could access after having been given permission to access it.

I know there is still a level of risk. But, I trust you, my brothers, not to mess me over!! And, it will allow me a way to give back a little something to BoB.

So, the question is, would you care anything about reading more of my stories or not? If so, please vote, "Yes." If not, please vote, "No."

I am setting the poll to run for 14 days to give everyone a chance to vote that will do so. At that time, if there is enough interest in reading my stories, I will ask BD to set the site up!

Thank you for your time to look and vote!! Blessings to you all!!!!!

Robert

Hermit":qcnbqaq4 said:
I voted more, but if I gotta scroll
down more than once, I skim. :)
Are you saying that if a story or post is long enough that you have to scroll down to read it all, you skim it rather than reading it? :scratch:

Nitschke066":qcnbqaq4 said:
Looking forward to it, Robert!
Thank you, kind sir!!

I just checked the results before posting this. There's currently a total of 4 votes... 3 "Yes"... and, 1 "No." So, there's at least one who wishes I'd shut up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm headed to bed!! :p

beebiz":mth57buc said:
Are you saying that if a story or post is long enough that you have to scroll down to read it all, you skim it rather than reading it? :scratch:
Short attention span. :lol:

I C ! (short version for you, brother Hermit!! :lol!:

beebiz":9mgmyvqy said:
...bluedigital has offered to create a website where I can post my stories. ...the site would be a secure site that only members of BoB could access after having been given permission to access it.
Beebiz, I would like to read your stories if they're posted here, but not if they are posted in a restricted site. Therefore, I didn't vote...

Wet Dottle":lpibq2wz said:
beebiz":lpibq2wz said:
...bluedigital has offered to create a website where I can post my stories. ...the site would be a secure site that only members of BoB could access after having been given permission to access it.
Beebiz, I would like to read your stories if they're posted here, but not if they are posted in a restricted site. Therefore, I didn't vote...
Sir, I deeply appreciate your interest... at any level!

I am not trying to create any chinks in the armor by posting the stories on a restricted site. As a matter of fact, I would love to post them here on BoB. But, doing so would make it so easy for an unscrupulous individual to steal them and do as they wish with them. If there is any compensation to be had, I would like to have it! I don't want it so much for my self as I do to better care for my wife, our four-legged children, and to share it with family, friends, and strangers of my choosing... like my brothers here!

That is the sole reason for my considering posting them on a restricted site. I hope you can understand this. And, because of your interest in my stories, I wish you would reconsider your position. It will not cost you anything but being a member of BoB (which you already are) and a request for access... that's it.

If you would still prefer not to participate, I understand.

Robert

Thank you all for your interest and votes, my brothers! As it stands right now, there are 11 votes... 10, "Yes"... and, 1 "No."

I'm not meaning to come off as an ass... But

You shared some entertaining stories.. We all have..
Why do you think someones going to steal yours?
And what exactly are you afraid they'll do with, write an unauthorized biography?

Also, there's no such thing as privacy on the net... I assure you if you post anything anywhere there are lots of people that can get to it regardless of what anyone promised you.

Again I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just puzzled by what seems to me to be an undo amount of paranoid behavior, and as some will surely attest I'm borderline paranoid skitzo so me noticing it is saying a lot..

pot calling the kettle black... I know, shut up peanut gallery..

puros_bran":dq8ucmsr said:
I'm not meaning to come off as an ass... But

You shared some entertaining stories.. We all have..
Why do you think someones going to steal yours?
And what exactly are you afraid they'll do with, write an unauthorized biography?

Also, there's no such thing as privacy on the net... I assure you if you post anything anywhere there are lots of people that can get to it regardless of what anyone promised you.

Again I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just puzzled by what seems to me to be an undo amount of paranoid behavior, and as some will surely attest I'm borderline paranoid skitzo so me noticing it is saying a lot..

pot calling the kettle black... I know, shut up peanut gallery..
Puros, I'm not at all saying that I feel that any of the members here at BoB would steal my stories. If that is what you felt that I was insinuating, I apologize. That was not my intention... at all!! Had that been my thinking, I would not have offered to make my stories available to BoB members anywhere!

Access to BoB is not limited to just its members. There are lurkers/visitors who may or may not join. It is those lurkers/visitors who give me cause for concern... not the members of BoB!

No, I am not afraid that anyone will write an unauthorized biography about me. However, people have been known to plagiarize stories, songs, music and so on and pass/attempt to pass them off as their own. There have been literally millions of dollars earned by lazy, unscrupulous individuals who did so at the sweat of another! I don't know that I would ever be such a victim. But, I don't want to take a huge chance that something like that might happen without some level of protection.

This thread was not born out of paranoia. And, it certainly was not born of any grandiose ideas of my own self worth or self importance!! It was born simply out of my desire to give something back to the BoB community; yet protect myself somewhat at the same time. Setting up a secure, limited access site for my stories would be no different to sites that I have seen that were set up for artists to display images of their work. Plus, having my writing on another site would save the owners of BoB some space!

I did not ask to be allowed to share more of my writing. I did offer to share... but, only after an interest was expressed. And, I did not ask for a secure site to be set up. It was generously offered by bluedigital. But, I did not want him going to that much trouble unless there was enough interest in my stories. And, the only way I knew how to find that information out was to post a poll like this one. Ergo, it exists!

Am I paranoid? Some might think so... you did! But, I'd much rather dawn a condom before hand than to find out I've got AIDS after the fact!! Likewise, I'd like to give some level of protection to my short stories, tales, and writings! After all, we're not talking about standard or typical forum posts!!

If you or any of the other brothers do not wish to participate, all you have to do is say so... or, simply not participate. It will not hurt my feelings one way or the other. But, secure, limited access site or no... I will find a way to share my writing with those brothers who have shown an interest in them!!

Robert

Ok.... I vote yes.. But only because I like to support other crazies in their madness..
:D :D :D

puros_bran":xihx62sj said:
Ok.... I vote yes.. But only because I like to support other crazies in their madness..
:D :D :D
Thank you, sir!! We need all the support we can get, don't we? :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

Too late... I copywrited what you have written so far. So it's my material.... and I'll come after you if you plagarize my copywrited material. :scratch: :study:

I have copyrighted copyrighting so anytime you copyright you are in violation of copyright laws! But by all means copywrite anything you wish.

jhuggett":x5scuobi said:
I have copyrighted copyrighting so anytime you copyright you are in violation of copyright laws! But by all means copywrite anything you wish.
It's good to know i'm not the only guy here who is totally nuts! :lol: . I voted yes Robert, keep writing them. If they are posted on another site, I will join!

Happy puffs!

Thank you, New Smoker! I'd not thought about setting things up so that one would have to join anything. I'll have to discuss it with bluedigital. But, the way I had it envisioned was that simply being a member of BoB and requesting access to the site would be about all you'd need... possibly a password... I don't know. As I said, I'll have to discuss it with bluedigital! ;)

Again, thank you, brother!!

Robert