Wow, what a month

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuervo25_1

Reaction score
With the flood,lack of power for a week due to the oct snowstorm and the economy things are starting to fall back into place. All the holes in the yard that the flood caused are filled, and the new driveway put in, just waiting for top soil now. Lawn (if you want to call it that) has been cleaned from broken branches and fallen trees. This past week though has been the busiest however.

As stated in previous posts I work at a Kia dealer ,they also use to sell Isuzu as well. There is a recall on the isuzu rodeo and axiom for the rear trailing arm brackets that are welded to the frame. In certain states where salt is used they rust out and break off. there is 5 tiers in this recall that goes like this. Tier 1 everything is fine and no action is needed. Tier 2 there is rust but you cannot make a hole in the frame with a punch. You clean off loose paint and rust spray a wax inside the frame and a special undercoating on the outside and send it off. Tier three you can make some holes but not in critical areas . You do the wax and undercoating then just drill some holes pop in some threaded rivits and bolt a bracket over the old mount. Tier 4 you get holes in critical areas so thats where the fun begins. You have to remove the gas tank, muffler, body bolts, rear bumper, EGR valve and jack the back of the body off the frame and hold it up with blocks.You also have to pop the brake lines off of the frame clips, as well as the wireing for the fuel pump and rear ABS. Then you cut the old brackets off with a sawsall clean up loose paint and rust, spray the wax and undercoating on. Then you put the new bracket up drill 16 holes with a 1/4" drill bit for a pilot hole followed by a roughly 1/2" bit then pop in the threaded pop rivets and bolt them on then put it back together.
Tier 5 is a non repairable vehicle which Isuzu works out a buy back from the owner.

This past week I had 3 tier 4 and a few tier 2 recalls the first one also had several other things to be done. Tier 4 recalls pay 10 hours unless they have running boards then it is 11 hours, tier 3 pay 6 I think (never had one yet) + 1 hr for running boards tier 2 pays .4 + 1 hr for running boards. tier 5 pays . 8 because you have to take pictures and send them to Isuzu.

so by thursday evening I had over 41 hours friday and saturday was laid back "slow" days for me but at the end of the work day I had over 51 hours. For you to understand why this is a great deal I get paid like this. 0-40hrs $16 an hr 40- 50 $18 hr and 50+ is $20 hr. Since the economy took a dump no one made more than 30 hrs, that is one reason this was big, this week everyone had over 40 because I was indisposed with the recalls and couldn't take many other jobs. Between the manager complimenting me on how good I did the tier 4 recalls and me hitting 50 hrs it was a great boost of confidence. Finally this money is coming at a perfect time with Christmas coming,My wife and I was afraid we would have to tell our son that there would be no "Santa" this year.

Next week I have 4 tier 4 recalls lined up one of which with more work to be done and another with running boards, so that will be another stellar week!

Geez, Cuervo! You're always busy! :lol: Glad to hear you got some extra hours for the holidays.

PS-- I hate road salt--luckily we don't use it here in Nevada.

I do enjoy your massive all-inclusive posts, though, it's like you walk into our awesome pipe club, covered in grease, pull up a chair, someone tosses you a beer, you flop into it with a pipe and you fill us in after the obligatory, "Haven't see ya in a while, what's been up?" :lol:

I love this place. 8)

Cuervo25_1":l4vtn6hx said:
Finally this money is coming at a perfect time with Christmas coming,My wife and I was afraid we would have to tell our son that there would be no "Santa" this year.
Santa works in mysterious ways,,,, :lol!:

I love to hear good news. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Bill