wow, what an evening

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petertschantz

Reaction score
thanks to a new pipe friend in Florida, I had one heck of an evening. First smokes of Escudo and 1792.

I knew the aromatics weren't doing it for me, but I had no idea what was out there! I fear a serious impending attack of TAD, as I continue the quest for knowledge!

petertschantz":0f21k0jr said:
thanks to a new pipe friend in Florida, I had one heck of an evening. First smokes of Escudo and 1792.

I knew the aromatics weren't doing it for me, but I had no idea what was out there! I fear a serious impending attack of TAD, as I continue the quest for knowledge!
You just hit the tip of the iceberg!
Good luck and enjoy. After Aro's a whole new world will open up to you, good luck and enjoy!!!!
Keep us posted on your TAD attack!

Thanks Yak, I'll add those to the list. Piet, that's what scares me / makes me excited!

Tonight I'm thinking Irish Flake and some Old Joe Krantz 8)

petertschantz":kc6a0dgn said:
Thanks Yak, I'll add those to the list. Piet, that's what scares me / makes me excited!

Tonight I'm thinking Irish Flake and some Old Joe Krantz 8)
Old Joe Krantz is in my top 5 baccy list!!!! enjoy!
It has a wicked Vitamin N kick!!!!!!

No problem with the Vitamin N - Cigarettes for 20+ built up a decent tolerance :D

Dang, this waiting til evening is tough. I'm going to have to organize to allow for a smoke on the way in to work in the morning.

petertschantz":2mdf3uqx said:
No problem with the Vitamin N - Cigarettes for 20+ built up a decent tolerance :D

Dang, this waiting til evening is tough. I'm going to have to organize to allow for a smoke on the way in to work in the morning.
Join the club bro, Trying to stop cigs for the pipe! 20+ also.....
OJK still fries my brain if I smoke it too fast........ it is also known as HO tobacco. High Octane!
Enjoy it !
BTW, I'm in the office and will need to wait till this eve also!

Piet, I'm not saying I'm immune to the 'N' :D

I'm still working on smoking slowly enough, I'll just have to keep that in mind with these stronger blends!

petertschantz":45f7fb92 said:
Piet, I'm not saying I'm immune to the 'N' :D

I'm still working on smoking slowly enough, I'll just have to keep that in mind with these stronger blends!
A common problem cig smokers have when hitting the pipe is that we tend to smoke to fast! I still catch myself out sometimes!
Enjoy your smoke bro!

Ok, tried the OJK and Peterson's Irish Flake last night. Piet you were right the OJK is certainly High Octane stuff! It was nice, I'll have to try some more and figure out how it wants to be packed before I have a verdict. The PIF was fairly high octane as well (of course I had a light dinner). Already can tell that the PIF will be a regular in the rotation. Tonight I'm hoping to try some Black Duck & Burley Flake #1. Can't wait!

petertschantz":dla3vrv4 said:
Ok, tried the OJK and Peterson's Irish Flake last night. Piet you were right the OJK is certainly High Octane stuff! It was nice, I'll have to try some more and figure out how it wants to be packed before I have a verdict. The PIF was fairly high octane as well (of course I had a light dinner). Already can tell that the PIF will be a regular in the rotation. Tonight I'm hoping to try some Black Duck & Burley Flake #1. Can't wait!
Good to hear bro.
I find that OJK smokes well when well dried and I gravity feed it into a medium depth pipe, a billiard or bent billiard does wonders. Just had a bowl in a Ser Jacopo dublin that Brother Nitschke gifted me....... damn fine smoke, just go slow. I find that is is a corner stone burley when it comes to tasting the nuttiness of a fine burley.

Doc Manhattan smokes his fare share of it too, Send him a pm and find out how he packs. Dang, I'd like to know too???

Thanks Piet, I'll give him a shout.

I'm smoking everything in cobs right now, and packing seems to be the only hiccup I am having. I'll be trying more of the OJK soon, no doubt!

petertschantz":814hqlsg said:
Thanks Piet, I'll give him a shout.

I'm smoking everything in cobs right now, and packing seems to be the only hiccup I am having. I'll be trying more of the OJK soon, no doubt!
You can google packing, they have video demo's!
Air pocket, Frank method ..........etc
Mac B site has cool video's on flake packing also!
Have fun!

thanks I'll check those out.

I don't seem to have as much trouble with flake, but I'll take any info I can get!

Ok, just tried C&D Burley Flake #1

Good Grief that is an awesome smoke. Seem to be getting deeper into the flakes, and I like it. Now I have to go see what kind of prices I can get on this blend in bulk....

Guess I'll make it a C&D double header and try some Black Duck in a bit.

I am so hosed....

The Black Duck is awesome as well. So Latakia is now on the list of stuff I like :shock:

This is too cool.....

petertschantz":eogaq04c said:
Ok, just tried C&D Burley Flake #1

Good Grief that is an awesome smoke. Seem to be getting deeper into the flakes, and I like it. Now I have to go see what kind of prices I can get on this blend in bulk....

Guess I'll make it a C&D double header and try some Black Duck in a bit.
4Noggins.com
Smokingpipes.com
Not sure about bulk, go check it out!

Thanks Piet, I can find it in tins no problem. Can't seem to find it in bulk.

I might just pick up a couple smaller tins for now. I think a 1lb tin would be a nice x-mas present :D

petertschantz":ztib0pe8 said:
Thanks Piet, I can find it in tins no problem. Can't seem to find it in bulk.

I might just pick up a couple smaller tins for now. I think a 1lb tin would be a nice x-mas present :D
Agreed, want some of that stuff for my cellar with a sore heart!