• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pipe Wanted WTB: Unicorns

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rasher-Roll

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Might be a long shot, but a gentleman in Scotland once told me, "You'll get nothing by being timid," and I know if it will happen, this is the place.

1. Peterson Great Explorers Tom Crean pipe. Is it nothing more than a Pete 120? Probably. But it's also my unicorn pipe that I don't imagine I'll ever find, but would love to.

2. McClelland's Christmas Cheer - 2010 (or as close to as possible). This was one of the first tobaccos that ever "sang" to me. A friend and I split the tin back in 2010, knowing very little about the brand or what to expect. I think we thought it was going to be aromatic at the time. I'm sure I remember it being more special than it was, but for the sake of nostalgia and remembering a friend I don't get to see very often anymore, I would like to find another tin.

3. Peterson Christmas Pipes - 2022. Particularly the copper spigots. Less concerned with which finish or shape (as it's hard to go wrong with a Pete), but the copper has a relevance to the woman in my life, and she is particularly fond of the one that I was able to snag last year. I've been watching ebay and resale sites, but haven't found much of anything. Maybe someone here picked one up that they're willing to part with?

4. A JM Boswell. Either poker, deep bent, or Canadian. I tried to find the term they use for the finish, but I'm unsure. Essentially, where they either rusticate the rim, and not the pipe/bowl, or vice versa. Or where they have a nice smooth finish, with a really rough rusticated rim (plateau? was that the term they used?). Apologies in advanced for the vagueness, with so many Boswell pipes being so unique, it's a little harder to describe quite what I'm looking for.

Might be a long shot, but a gentleman in Scotland once told me, "You'll get nothing by being timid," and I know if it will happen, this is the place.

1. Peterson Great Explorers Tom Crean pipe. Is it nothing more than a Pete 120? Probably. But it's also my unicorn pipe that I don't imagine I'll ever find, but would love to.

2. McClelland's Christmas Cheer - 2010 (or as close to as possible). This was one of the first tobaccos that ever "sang" to me. A friend and I split the tin back in 2010, knowing very little about the brand or what to expect. I think we thought it was going to be aromatic at the time. I'm sure I remember it being more special than it was, but for the sake of nostalgia and remembering a friend I don't get to see very often anymore, I would like to find another tin.

3. Peterson Christmas Pipes - 2022. Particularly the copper spigots. Less concerned with which finish or shape (as it's hard to go wrong with a Pete), but the copper has a relevance to the woman in my life, and she is particularly fond of the one that I was able to snag last year. I've been watching ebay and resale sites, but haven't found much of anything. Maybe someone here picked one up that they're willing to part with?

4. A JM Boswell. Either poker, deep bent, or Canadian. I tried to find the term they use for the finish, but I'm unsure. Essentially, where they either rusticate the rim, and not the pipe/bowl, or vice versa. Or where they have a nice smooth finish, with a really rough rusticated rim (plateau? was that the term they used?). Apologies in advanced for the vagueness, with so many Boswell pipes being so unique, it's a little harder to describe quite what I'm looking for.
Did a quick Google search and found 2022 Xmas pipes at Victory pipes and Smokincigar.com.

OK; I'm confused. You have to list an "offer" if you're looking to buy something? How is that supposed to work?

RR - you’re required to list a specific offer. A range would also be acceptable.
Apologies, thought that was just for sales.

Let's say preferably near the $100 mark for copper spigots or a Boswell, up to $200 for a Crean - assuming decent condition, hopefully less than $1 per gram for Christmas Cheer? If I'm off the mark, let me know. Fair market value can be tough to determine, and I'm always willing to talk offers on what I'm looking for.

Apologies, thought that was just for sales.

Let's say preferably near the $100 mark for copper spigots or a Boswell, up to $200 for a Crean - assuming decent condition, hopefully less than $1 per gram for Christmas Cheer? If I'm off the mark, let me know. Fair market value can be tough to determine, and I'm always willing to talk offers on what I'm looking for.
Yup. That starts things going and puts you out there for guys to PM and chat about it.