Xikar Lighter - have you sent your back

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pylorns

Reaction score
If you own a Xikar lighter - have you sent it back and why did you send it back? How long have you had it and how long have you had it since it broke?

I've sent back several. They are good about responding fairly quick. You get a brand new lighter. It isn't really a repair.

Geoff":byrw5y0u said:
I've sent back several.  They are good about responding fairly quick.  You get a brand new lighter.  It isn't really a repair.
Right but why did you send it back? What broke on it?

I've sent back a cutter, but never a lighter ... but, based on the response I got from them on the cutter, I trust their warranty implicitly.

They just started to fail to light. I would do the empty the tank and blow it out with canned air. But, finally the valve would get cranky and I'd get frustrated. Never an argument on replacing them. I used Vector gas in all of them.

I had a faulty part (spring). I described it via email and they sent me a new one.

The reason they just replace the lighter is that they have plastic gas tanks and it is easier to replace the lighter than repair it. MIKE

PS they also warranty the finish of there lighters.

I thought the flame wouldnt go high enough even with me adjusting. They adjusted it internally. It WAS my lighter not a replacement they sent back. I told them not to replace it if they could help it. I know it was my lighter due to the scratches on it. Had it back in a weeks time. They are awesome.

I have a Xikar Scribe. It worked well for about 1 yr. Now it takes way too many strikes to get it lit and I need to change the flint a couple times / week. I'll be sending it back this week.

Haven't sent mine back yet; need to. I've owned mine(a Pipeline) for two years and I didn't use it for about 8 months out of that. It wasn't sealing right, nor was it striking. I took the thing apart myself and got it to seal again, and I replaced their flint with a Zippo flint. It's been acting silly again, so I'll send it off pretty soon I think.

It seems the vast majority of problems I've read about(at least for mine) has been with a bad seal and it hardly ever lighting on a strike.

I switched to S.T. Dupont flints and have had no problems since. I was ready to throw it away 3 weeks ago.

It's on my list of things to do. I think the sparking wheel needs to be replaced. Even with new flint the spark is insufficient.