Yep I'm a zombie +update+>> Done trying to help people!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftover421

Reaction score
Sorry I have been AWOL for a bit now. Been busy and I'm currently helping a friend out/have a new room mate for a couple weeks; sort of thing. Probably not going have much time to post anything other than this post for a while. I will check in and I will still be bombing this month because it's fun .:bounce: :lol!: Other than that you might as well put me on the zombie list for a bit.
Love to all my brothers and sisters in my absence, happy birthday to everyone, Congrats all around, and see ya on the warm side.

Enjoy your time away. We all need a little break every once in a while.

We all have things come up that take priority. We'll keep the the light on for you though.

All the best
Jim

Just don't end up looking like this poor creature. :shock: 

walkin10.jpg

leftover421":w21jvr0y said:
Probably not going have much time to post anything other than this post for a while..
I can relate. Working a 2nd job and still mowing lawns this season doesn't leave much time.
Funding a new Death Star is killing me. Damn things are expensive. 8) 

^------------- who's that effin guy? :scratch: I thought we banned him. :heart:

8)

I assume you got my text message asking where the hell you were.

Because unlike the original poster here, who had the fortitude to keep in touch, you flipped us off and skipped off. :lol:

Rob_In_MO":qf8lh802 said:
Kyle Weiss":qf8lh802 said:
you flipped us off    :lol:  
Nah, just you buddy.  :heart: 
Better be just me, I'm a jealous tramp.

By the way, this is the worst thread hijack of yours to date, Rob. Poor guy (original poster) wanted to reach out to us, let us know he's checking in, and it turned into YOUR thread. :tongue: :lol:

Kyle Weiss":uw8ibhtp said:
Poor guy (original poster) wanted to reach out to us, let us know he's checking in, and it turned into YOUR thread.   :tongue:  :lol: 
Isn't that the way it usually works on BoB? :lol: 

Sorry All.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, which is already in progress. 8) 

Dan - check in when you can.

Yep I'm a zombie
Let me be the first to congratulate you on your promotion. You'll kick Kyle around now.

"You already did." you say.

Sorry for interrupting.

Dear Kyle and Rob

Elf you thread jackers, elf you right in the ear. :lol!: 

My world is still a little askew but it looks like I might have some unexpected free time on my hands this next week. I will check back in again soon.

Love to my brothers :lol:

Leftover, the fort is pretty much as you left it. :heart: You know how we roll. :lol:

Ok, I guess I just don't get how to "help" people. Apparently I didn't make my house guest feel welcome enough. The rent free place to live, free food, help repairing his jeep, giving him clothes, giving him money for gas, and letting him hang in my most private of personal spaces (my den/smoking room) just wasn't cutting it I guess.

It may have been my house rules that were way too tough?!?!
Like, you can't be here and stink. Take a shower when you need one.
You will do your share of the work load; 1/3 the chores. Help clean the kitchen, load the dish washer, help with yard work, clean up after yourself, keep my den clean like I do, and find a job.
You know, normal things one would expect of a 25 year old adult. Sigh.....

This brings me to my new way of thinking. The new way of thinking is simply NO!
As in:
No you may not stay in my house.
No I will not feed you.
No I can not spare a few bucks.
No you can't be here smelling like that.
No you cant use, borrow or even rent my yard tools or anything else I spent hard earned money on.
No you can not use my computer for ANY reason. If you need to find a job and you want to use a computer; the un-employment office lets you use one for free.

Sorry for the rant n' rave guys, I'm just so freeking frustrated I want to scream. I just don't understand why someone would take a dump in the hand that's trying to help them out of the crappy life they tell me they hate sooooo much.
I think the reason I have such a hard time with this B.S. is many years ago a very nice man let me live in his house rent free. Not only did I take the chance to better myself but I will also be eternally grateful for the helping hand when I needed it. I lived by the house rules back then and did much more than my share of the chores because I was so happy to not be living in my car anymore!
Now that I'm more financially stable I keep wanting to give others the same hand up I got but to date that idea hasn't gone well. At least this one didn't try to steal from me or start doing hard drugs in my spare bedroom (or worse). Yet I'm still a bit bent out of shape.
I don't want to offend any of our younger brothers with my next statement but I just want to know. What the h#** is wrong with these 20somthings that it seems better to live in a car then accept some help and live by a few adult rules? Seriously?

Sincerely
    Fed up in Idaho :x

On a side note:

I'm going to be taking out my frustration on who ever this months BoB Bombers target may be. I am going to make a tobacco scented, smoldering crater where once there stood a proud pipe smoker.
BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID! :affraid:

Sorry you're having a hard time. The universe knows that you went out of your way to help someone, even if you have to put him out;).

Unfortunately the world is full of worthless POS's like that.
My brother tried helping one of his highschool 'friends', though it was many years later and he had similar results.

I think part of the problem is the 'entitlement' mentality that affects the younger generations today.  

Helping a man who is down on his luck is most admirable.  You can't blame yourself, as you did more than most others would've. Within a couple of weeks he'll wish he had done things differently.  A soft bed, meals, and AC go a long way to helping someone be comfortable this time of year.  

He lost his chance and he'll regret it, but don't give up on humanity as a whole because of a couple of dillweeds.

Sorry to hear your guest damaged your view of the human race. I think that people like that come into our lives to help us appreciate the ones who actually have integrity.