Yesterdays sample tobacco's

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyRoundup

Reaction score
Well, yesterday, I tried a few more tobacco's.

C&D Epiphany in MM cob,,,,I dont think the cob is doing the tobacco any justice, as it was its 2nd bowl smoked. along with the fact I was smoking fast, outside in the cold. But, it could have been the Latakia, as Ive no experience with it. IDK?
It will be smoked in a broke in pipe next time.

Peter Stokkebye, Luxury Bullseye Flake,,, no name briar, (with Capt Black residue/cake) I have never seen such a unique form of tobacco, what with the Blk Cav in the center" bullseye" I liked it, but it was right after smoking the Irish Flake, and seemed light, . I'll have to try it with a clean mouth. I am sure I'll like it.

Petersons "Irish Oak",, Yello-Bole Ebony cleaned out prior.
Boy, I thought when I opened the tin , that I wouldnt like it, it was strong smelling, and I didnt know what to think about it. But , it in no way tasted like the smell in the tin. It was actually quite good. But again, I was outside, cold , and smoked fast, so it deserves a more relaxed smoke.

I realize now , that I need to fire up the wood stove out in the shop, and make myself a more comfortable smoking area.

Some cool old codger at the Tinder Box ticked his tongue at me when I wrinkled my nose at an open tin of tobacco, gently reminding me that the smell shouldn't discourage me from trying it--I'm not going to smell the raw product anyway. It's led me to some interesting choices.

I even find that day to day, if I smell certain tobaccos, ones I know I like, some really appeal to me and others don't...but will always follow through in the bowl under fire, giving me that "Ahhhhhhhhhh that's the stuff..." reaction.

I'm coming to the conclusion that one should not judge a tobacco bit its can or (necessarily) its smell. Unless you like old lady perfume English blends, or cloying cupcake-infused aromatics...but that's a different story. :D

Irish Oak was the first pipe tobacco to walk up and punch me in the gut as far as nicotine strength is concerned. I don't know if it's particularly strong in that regard, but compared to what I had been smoking in all the years prior, it was certainly robust.

After the first bowl, I learned to smoke it much more slowly, and never really encountered that initial punch again. Oddly enough, despite enjoying the tin I bought, I cannot really recall that much about it now. VaBurPer is what I recall, with maybe some cavendish mixed in.

well, I got the stove going out in the shop today, and tried that irish Oak again,
and like you said -R, it was pretty good going slow.
But geez, a few times , I sucked in some smoke on accident, and it kind of made my throat constrict, LOL
So, I deliberately inhaled a little , and it still constricted me, but not near as bad as when it caught me off gaurd.
As far as taste goes, its not too bad.
I really do like the Irish Flake though.
and I started my day off (at 11 am' ish) driving to town , with a bowl of Astleys 109.
and I really enjoyed that