Yikes!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Max

Reaction score
I was just outside smoking some Frog Morton with some of my students ( I had the Frog Morton). One of them looked around then looked at me and asked what I had in my pipe. I told him it was frog morton. He said it must be because it smelled like frogs or burning garbage!

What a buzzkill.

The lucky thing for us pipesmokers is that we can't smell the baccy while we're smoking :p

It's sad to see so few teachers/professors smoking a pipe these days. I kinda had a hope maybe I would get lucky and see one of my professors outside lighting up a pipe... unfortunately, it doesn't appear that will happen.

Marlboro do smell like roses...

Roses crammed up the cowboys ass as he rode his horse through a chemical factory..
But still roses..lol

Reading that was like being stabbed in the heart. I am a *major* FM fan. To me it smells like peace and joy and light. All that is good and holy in this world.

I would immediately fail this student for blaspheming the Frog.

Maybe that's why I don't teach. That and I wouldn't have a freaking clue what I was doing.

:lol:

Its ok but it has a perfume type smell/taste I can't get past..
PM me your addu again and I'll send you something that has the same flavor profile.

FM is the only tobacco that I have ever had someone ask me to put it out.

I cannot imaging hanging with my students. Then again, mine are high school age.

I just didn't think about it because I don't ever get to smell it. I think I'll take just the aromatics to work and save the FM for more contemplative times.

If he's old enough, gift him a basket pipe and a cloying aromatic. He'll come around to liking Frog Morton.

"Old enough" = interested.

Marty Pulvers has pix of him with a pipe in his mug at age six or therebouts on his website.

It is high damned time that the Bolshevik mentality was recognised and roundly rejected.

If he wants a pipe, so long as he promises not to smoke it in the barn, get him a pipe.

Whoever convinced adults that they were deputised agents of the "everybody says" racket was an evildoer.

My two cents.

:face:

Just for clarity, my students range in age from 18 to 56. I work at a technical college that offers Associate's degrees which are terminal in nature. Meaning - get a degree, now go get a job. So my students can be right out of high school, people for whom traditional school just doesn't work or someone who just wants to learn to be a network administrator.

Since they are of legal age, a lot of them go outside to smoke their delicious-smelling cigarettes. I don't usually go out during breaks but prefer to go out while they are in class since I don't teach every night. There is one group of students I try to never be out there with because I don't really like them. This guy was in that bunch. Just a clod really.

Most of my students are intelligent, friendly people that I do enjoy hanging with so it really wasn't a big deal, I just didn't realize that it might not smell good. I mean, doesn't all pipe tobacco smell good?

Yak":v2enz9qw said:
"Old enough" = interested.

Marty Pulvers has pix of him with a pipe in his mug at age six or therebouts on his website.

It is high damned time that the Bolshevik mentality was recognised and roundly rejected.

If he wants a pipe, so long as he promises not to smoke it in the barn, get him a pipe.

Whoever convinced adults that they were deputised agents of the "everybody says" racket was an evildoer.

My two cents.

There are two worlds -- the official one, and the real one. They are separated by a gulf wide enough for PeeB to park every rig he's ever driven in, with room to spare.

Are kids better off learning what alcohol is and does to them at home where it's safe, or while careening around back roads in a car with their friends ? Are they better off reaching that age familiar enough with it that it's no big deal to them, or with it being some kind of forbidden fruit adults have played keepaway with that they're out to make up for lost time with ?

Is introducing them to what's out there in baby steps, with training wheels a good way to go ? Or is waiting for them to slip the leash and come to grief through naivety ?

How well does any creature you know take being kept in a cage ?

Just to address Blue Max's query. No, not all pipe tobacco smells good. Most of it seriously challenges the people about us.

I am currently reading Gary B. Schrier's Confessions of a Pipeman and find it hilarious in parts and terribly foreboding in others. In the book, Schrier does a good job of describing the popularity of aromatics versus the 'pure' tobaccos. I believe that he is right on. Aromatics are meant for the people about us.