You gotta see this

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPUD 15

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-PETERSON-DONEGAL-ROCKY-tobacco-pipe-5-long-straight-shaft-9BC-Ireland-/261154806209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cce0a19c1

DESCRIPTION

Peterson Donegal Rocky tobacco pipe.

9BC

straight stem. pipe measures 5" bowl to tip. Bowl has some cracks in it, however this is still very solid, I can not bend, break, or crack it any further. Unaware of this pipes age, i do not specialize in it.

Pipe has stamped STERLING SILVER ring at the stem and the bowl.

Vintage. Being sold as an antique collectible

A great old piece to add to a collection
MIKE

Hope springs eternal!!

"Bowl has some cracks in it, however this is still very solid, I can not bend, break, or crack it any further. "

Though $11.89 for a used stem might be worth it!

I see the problem: the seller's from east Michigan. Those guys aren't to bright over there. :p (just kidding, bosun!)
Obviously the seller doesn't know his pipes very well. If he realized he had a pre-republic Pete, he would have started the bidding at $100.

quote="SPUD 15"]

Vintage. Being sold as an antique collectible

A great old piece to add to a collection
[/quote]

:suspect: the thing is destroyed

After all the discussion about the Franken pipe, all this one needs is some roofing tin and a couple of pop rivets and it will be as good as new!

Kyle Weiss":ef2xqx8b said:
Kirk Fitzgerald to the rescue! :cheers:
When I looked at this pipe on fleabay I instantly knew you would say something like that Kyle, and yes, it could be repaired actually, one just has to keep in mind it is to be smoked after being repaired so the stages to go through would have to be carefully approached, such a pipe would be fun to try to repair if nothing else.

If you folk have any doubts, check this out: http://rebornpipes.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/all-the-kings-horses-and-all-the-kings-men-a-petersen-adventure-gan-barber/

George Kaplan":u3777kfz said:
I see the problem: the seller's from east Michigan. Those guys aren't to bright over there.
:evil: I will ignore that comment...just this one time. At least we are smart enough to have Paul's Pipe Shop over here on this side of the mitten. :lol:

Buckshot":ug8qbx14 said:
George Kaplan":ug8qbx14 said:
I see the problem: the seller's from east Michigan. Those guys aren't to bright over there.
:evil: I will ignore that comment...just this one time. At least we are smart enough to have Paul's Pipe Shop over here on this side of the mitten. :lol:
Don't mind me. It's my envy that breeds resentment. :p

I dunno Kirk, you could be the new SPCP (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Pipes) and rescue service... :D :heart:

8)