young smokers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn kids and your pipes... get off my lawn! *oldmanfist* :lol:

Kidding. Please, stay on my lawn and let's smoke a bit.

Brewdude":50hspt7h said:
I smoked another kind of pipe weed when I was in my 20s. But those days are long gone now!
:D Back in college, I was the only one smoking tobacco!

Looks like we pipe smokers tend towards a high age demographic. . . . thank goodness we aren't the only ones, though!

DrT999":1qj22s17 said:
Brewdude":1qj22s17 said:
I smoked another kind of pipe weed when I was in my 20s. But those days are long gone now!

Looks like we pipe smokers tend towards a high age demographic. . . . thank goodness we aren't the only ones, though!
I wouldn't necessarily say that's true. In my Tinder Box, the only real pipe game in town, half of the guys in there buying pipes and tobacco are younger than me by about 10 years. The shop manager says it's even more toward the side of younger smokers, from his vantage point. *shrug*

Kyle Weiss":5gn26m3f said:
DrT999":5gn26m3f said:
Brewdude":5gn26m3f said:

I wouldn't necessarily say that's true. In my Tinder Box, the only real pipe game in town, half of the guys in there buying pipes and tobacco are younger than me by about 10 years. The shop manager says it's even more toward the side of younger smokers, from his vantage point. *shrug*
That's good to know! I see an upswing in cigar smoking among my students, but haven't seen any with a pipe on campus

DrT999":ril20csg said:
Kyle Weiss":ril20csg said:
DrT999":ril20csg said:
Brewdude":ril20csg said:

That's good to know! I see an upswing in cigar smoking among my students, but haven't seen any with a pipe on campus
Many kids are still worried about silly things like "image" and "peers." Don't worry, keep looking. They're out there. :)

Under 30 here! Started smoking and collecting when I was 22. I'll be celebrating my 6 year piping anniversary in February. Oh yeah, my birthday too. ;)

Started in July, I was 18. 19 now...I may be only 19, but on the inside, I'm and old man...haha.

Good to know we have more than a few young pipers here. I like the idea that pipe smoking is becoming more popular among young men (and hopefully young women)

21 here started at 19 on the seawall fishing with a $3 cob and borkum riff whiskey flavor just to try for fun. Come a long way in only three years.

I feel truly blessed to have discovered the wonders of the pipe at such an early (legal) age.

Started seriously smoking a pipe at around 24, tried it a couple of times around 18-20.

Still 28 until March so i guess this thread is aimed at me.

Cheers!

We're experiencing a revival with all of us young folk taking up the chimney.