young smokers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 29 +12 years old, does that count. Part of my age is under 29. :)

I'll be thirty in T-Minus 101 days.

I'm prepared for some sort of emotional melt down. :pale:

idbowman":9p1ur3fu said:
I'll be thirty in T-Minus 101 days.

I'm prepared for some sort of emotional melt down. :pale:
Not likely! Just another day...

I woke up at 30 and nearly forgot it was my birthday... not as exciting as a meltdown.

Will be thirty one before March. At least chronologically. Others want me to “stop dressing like a sixty year old.”

kieveryuu":8ei7oc1k said:
Will be thirty one before March. At least chronologically. Others want me to “stop dressing like a sixty year old.”
Turning 28 on the 12th and my boss teases me about dressing like I'm from the 50s. :p

I will be thirty this year too!

Never smoked cigarettes, one of my dorm mates started working at a cigar store and I learned to respect a good smoke every once in a while....

My best friend and I always smoked cigars in his garage while throwing darts until who knows when in the morning while our wives sat on the back porch. A good old suburban fun time.

I took my fantasy football winnings this year and splurged a little on a whim. I have to admit that I have been reading a lot of Sherlock Holmes and Dumas and I became fascinated with the social aspect of tobacco. It wasn't *if* you smoked but *how* you took tobacco. When someone comes to your house, you offer them cigars or cigarettes or a pinch from your stash in a slipper nailed to the mantle. I plan on having a couple of guest pipes as well as keeping a box of cigars for friends.

My wife thinks I'm an idiot for picking this up at this point in my life, but I love the flavor, and the simple pleasure of a genteel pastime. It's all about relaxing, and a little me time.

Interestingly enough, I look at store bought cigarettes (ryo cigs are a different story) as filthy and poisonous

Well I started smoking a pipe at 20 and now I'm 22 - still fairly young. It makes people understand that a man can be a man at any age.

andr3wrams3y":4knujsau said:
Just out of curiosity, how many people (besides me) on the board is under 30?
I'm no longer under 30. I'm 64 inches tall. Oh. You mean years-of-age... well, I am in my 40s. However, I started when I was in my early teens. Yeah. Very young. Illegally. I don't support nor do I condone the smoking of any tobaccos by anyone under the legal age in their community/state/country. But, I did start when I was rather young. My brother started to smoke a pipe while he was in high school. Naturally, I loved the smell and the art and the whole essence of pipe smoking. So, I started. I've loved it ever since.

I'm sure that young folks under the age of the legal smoking limit would never ever enjoy smoking a pipe. Once they get over that magical age, pipe smoking may very well come alive and be attractive.

I see a good number of "young" pipe smokers on YouTube. That is cool. So much better than cigarette smoking. Even better than cigar smoking, too. Pipe smoking rules. So, it brings me joy when I see a young person pursuing the fine art of smoking pipe tobacco.

But, I will say this in closing: "young" is relative. I'm young, when assessed by someone 20 years older than I am. But, no, I am not under 30 years-of-age.

Cheers!

Kyle Weiss":3uvwe4uo said:
I started piping at 16, got punched in the mouth by cowboys for it because it wasn't Copenhagen. Didn't care.
I appreciate your tenacity. I started a bit younger than that... and got in trouble at times. I still kept the love, and to this day do not regret it. I've not been punched in the mouth for it. But, I did receive other adverse treatments from a distraught parent. Good thing smoking a good pipe and tobacco erases such unpleasant moments.

Cheers!

I started right around 30. Early mid-life crisis, I guess. Smoking a pipe and buying the motorcycle and all...