Your favorite Aromatic

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy that 1Q, too. I find I have to be pretty lazy to enjoy it as it seems to be best smoked cool and slow. My wife loves the note and I get pleasure out of relaxing with it. inexpensive and readily available.

I prefer RLP-6 to 1Q, mostly because RLP-6 has less (vanilla bean) topping, so the tobacoo taste isn't completely lost and it's still really, really a low maintenance smoke. "Course each bowl will have a stunning similitude to the one preceding and the one following.

Revelation is a nice, all-day aro. At least that's the category I'd place it in. Not goopy, either.

But when I get an urge for aros, since I do appreciate a bit of variety and prefer aros that also taste like tobacco, I call Carole Burns at Pipeworks and Wilke to order one of her samplers, which is quite reasonably priced and usually keeps me happily puffing for quite awhile. Her 191 is sure to please. And have some Rumcake. Tasty!

Good luck.

KevinM":hqy44okw said:
Revelation is a nice, all-day aro. At least that's the category I'd place it in. Not goopy, either.
Kevin, Are you referring to the Altadis match? Just curious.

Yes, I am. I think of Revelation as an aro, since it has a mystery fruit topping, but some other pipers think of it as a ye olde days English, because it has some latakia. (Actually it seems to have a little of everything.)

I don't own one of the more sensitive palettes, so I'm content with a tobacco that offers an enjoyable taste, an ample quantity of smoke, neither too strong or too mild, is easily maintained, smokes dry and doesn't leave behind stubborn ghosts. Bonus points if it is suited to pipe break in usages. That's Altadis Revelation to a T. I'm told it does offer subtle tastes to those who can chase them. I'm just not so blessed, I suppose, which might be good, I'm not sure at this point.

Good morning,

For me it is SWR aromatic. Agreat taste, not so strong, etc.

John

I have since my last post tried captain black Regular and on it's own was not bad and I enjoyed a few bowls of it. But I love mixing things so I tried 1/2 LL 1Q and 1/2 CB Reg and now I'm in love. It's so smooth and light with a vanilla cupcake aftertaste. It's very creamy yet airy and not thick, good for a heavy smoker like me. No bite either which I'm really thankful for because my last few B&M blends have always resulted in a very crispy tongue by the end of the day.

Draagha":oiux4lj9 said:
But I love mixing things so I tried 1/2 LL 1Q and 1/2 CB Reg and now I'm in love.
A while back, I experimented with those 2 blends also - only I used RLP-6 instead of CBW. I ended up preferring a 2:1 mix of 1-Q/CBW, but 1:1 wasn't bad either. 8) 

Rob_In_MO":6xhs9sk8 said:
Draagha":6xhs9sk8 said:
But I love mixing things so I tried 1/2 LL 1Q and 1/2 CB Reg and now I'm in love.
A while back, I experimented with those 2 blends also - only I used RLP-6 instead of CBW.  I ended up preferring a 2:1 mix of 1-Q/CBW, but 1:1 wasn't bad either.  8) 
Thanks for the tip sir! I'll have to try it as soon as this bowl is finished. I also have some MacBaren's 7 Seas Reg I might mix with the CBW too.

Wouldn't want to narrow it down to just one but if i had to it'd be Boswell's PDT.

Favorite aromatic : the one somebody else is smoking.

In some other state :twisted: :lol!: 

:face: