Your Guitar.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idlefellow":v8ysgr4a said:
Three of my favorites; '92 Gibson J-200, '78 Guild F212XL, '77 Martin HD-28...

002_zps35433b61.jpg
Tell us a story about one or all of them. How'd you get them, or some cool place you've played them, or maybe your dad/brother/uncle/momma gifted you one of them... Come on, we want the dirt.. If nothing else give us a video of your fave jam.. ;)

puros_bran":gsknb6q4 said:
Idlefellow":gsknb6q4 said:
Three of my favorites; '92 Gibson J-200, '78 Guild F212XL, '77 Martin HD-28...

002_zps35433b61.jpg
Tell us a story about one or all of them. How'd you get them, or some cool place you've played them, or maybe your dad/brother/uncle/momma gifted you one of them... Come on, we want the dirt.. If nothing else give us a video of your fave jam.. ;)
Yes, this! Looks like a fine acoustic trio!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Sorry, no real dirt to tell unless you count being an old folkie/singer/songwriter for over 50 years :lol: !  At one time I made a good part of my living doing it; played most of the major folk venues from Pennsylvania to Phoenix and Minneapolis to Houston; that old Martin has been all over the place with me.  It's shared the stage with Ramblin' Jack Elliott, Brian Bowers, Eric Nagler, Rosalie Sorrels and many others.  The 70's era Martins are sometimes not so well thought of but this one's a real sweetheart.  Back in the day having a 40 year-old Martin was strong medicine; I guess the secret to getting one is buy one new and keep it for 40 years!

The 12 is a Westerly, RI Guild from what most people feel is the golden era of the big Guild 12's.  I was able to play four of them and pick the one I wanted; it turned out to be this one with the double pickguards.  I would have preferred it not have them but...then again, Tim Buckleys' Guild 12 had them and he did OK with it.  This one will put a rumble in your belly button like all good 12's oughta.

I always wanted a Gibson J-200; they're a little blingy I guess, but I've always loved the look and the sound.  This '92 was built in Bozeman when Ren Furgeson was still running their production, and I was lucky to get it in mint condition.  It's a big, bright maple boomer!

Throw in a couple of banjos, a vintage Gibson mandolin, a Regal nickel-bodied Duolian, one of David Field's dulcimers and a 1950's Oscar Schmidt 15-bar autoharp, and you have my arsenal.  I still love 'em all, but now I mostly play for the granddaughter, when she'll put up with me.

There; more than you ever wanted to know  :oops: !  Sorry; I'm not smart enough to put music on line.

My newest guitar. Ibanez acoustic. Spalted maple and walnut, with rosewood fretboard, rosewood bridge, rosewood binding, and rosewood rosette. I love this guitar. I've always been a rocker, but for the new acoustic, I really wanted something different. Sometimes, I feel a little country, and this guitar does that for me. My Ibanez electric has always been good to me so the Ibanez acoustic was a no brainer. And I had recently commissioned a pipe with spalted maple on the shank and totally fell in love with the look of the wood. This guitar is chock full of it!

Ibanez3.jpg
" />

I love her.

That's about as country as (insert a blonde singing into auto tune)!!!

That's badass! And way cooler than 99.9% of modern 'country'.

:lol: Yeah.... it may have appealed to the rocker in me more than originally thought. Sounds great and plays great!