Your late evening unwind smoke...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Nate

Reaction score
Sitting on the deck tonight w a reversed calabash and McClelland British Woods. I don't see too much on this McClelland offering. It's hitting on all the right cylinders tonight. Slightly Smokey from the lat, but really sweet to my taste. By the last third of the bowl, I got a slight spicy note that married well with that classic McC-sweet that the ketchup ppl love. The Virginia's really shine in this English blend. This is one I like to unwind with. Light to medium, leaning towards light, but very satisfying on a summer night.

At the back porch with Lane's Ready Rubbed enjoying the cool earthy air after an evening summer rain.

I've not smoked McClelland British Woods, but McClelland Scottish Woods has become a core in my rotation. My description of Scottish Woods would read much like the OP's description of British Woods. Can anyone who has smoked both, compare & contrast the two?

Lysander":gtnjq7tc said:
I've not smoked McClelland British Woods, but McClelland Scottish Woods has become a core in my rotation. My description of Scottish Woods would read much like the OP's description of British Woods. Can anyone who has smoked both, compare & contrast the two?
I've not heard of this one, but they certainly do seem to be similar blends. I'll have to add it to the order list!

There ain't no cool evenings here in the Midwest!! When the wx/temps allow, I prefer a "big' Latweed to go along with my evening whiskey & soda ;) :cheers: FTRPLT

I don't have a specific tobacco for this purpose. If it's cooler out, a rich Latakia is nice. I really enjoy Peretti Tashkent, Esoterica Margate, GLP Odyssey, Samarra or Quiet Nights as a cooler weather evening smoke, if I feel like a VA, Blackwoods Flake, Union Square, Dark Twist Roll Cake or Silver Flake are great cooler weather VA's.

Warmer weather evenings, it's burley time for me, light VA's too.

Usually like something fairly strong with a high nicotine content like GH Unscented Dark Plug with a glass of iced tea but here recently I've been smoking C&D Three Friars with my ever presnt glass of iced tea before bedtime. :)

AJ

My usual last bowl of the day is a nice big one in one of my pots of Royal Yacht. That visit by Lady 'N' at the end of the day just sets things right for me !! :twisted: :twisted:

DrumsAndBeer":vmj2ztsy said:
I don't have a specific tobacco for this purpose. If it's cooler out, a rich Latakia is nice. I really enjoy Peretti Tashkent, Esoterica Margate, GLP Odyssey, Samarra or Quiet Nights as a cooler weather evening smoke, if I feel like a VA, Blackwoods Flake, Union Square, Dark Twist Roll Cake or Silver Flake are great cooler weather VA's.

Warmer weather evenings, it's burley time for me, light VA's too.
I second this. Lately it's been British Woods, but I mix it up consistently. Another late night favorite is FVF and BBF, very nice slow sippers as I wind down. Royal Yacht has been on my next shopping list for a while now.

With the heat lately, I have leaned toward a Kentucky/VA/cigar leaf blend I'm playing with. Either that or chewing on cigars until my head swims.........

Well, as of late it's been Union Square or Limerick but, not always, sometimes a heavier Lat or something entirely different. Don't care to smoke the same stuff all the time except in the morning, and that's always Escudo or DDNR. ;)

Cartaphilus":d915vsr7 said:
Well, as of late it's been Union Square or Limerick but, not always, sometimes a heavier Lat or something entirely different. Don't care to smoke the same stuff all the time except in the morning, and that's always Escudo or DDNR. ;)
Escudo is def a favorite morning smoke of mine. Always hits the spot on a fresh palate. I want to pop a tin but already have too many other open tins.

I used to like Blackwoods and British Woods, as well as Oriental 14, a lot.

But they became way too light in nicotine for me. So, sadly, I had to stop smoking them.

I like a nice Latakia at nights. These days, I am enjoying GL Pease Meridian.

It changes nightly. At the moment it is a muggy but cool evening as I sit on the rooftop of my apartment overlooking the town and sea. I'm spiping a tall dacquari and having a Curivari cigar. Fine indeed.Last night it was Royal Yacht and a homebrewed ceylon iced tea. Tomorrow...who knows.

I reserve Royal Yacht for the morning smoke... with a cup of coffee its a bracing way to start the day. Evening is for something retrospective like Cairo, Presbyterian or lately, Six Pence to melt the day away.

Scott

Mine varies daily. Current rotation-

Mon: Aged 2015 w/15% added p-weed.
Tue: P&W #78 (my only Lat excursion at present).
Wed: Aged 5100.
Thurs: More aged 2015 w/15% added p-weed.
Fri: Night Train (I like this fresh)
Sat: Revor plug (I like this fresh).
Sun: More aged 5100.

I hasten to add this is not late night stuff in the strictest sense. Just an after supper bowl. I'm not a night owl like some of youse.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":jn63o9u1 said:

I hasten to add this is not late night stuff in the strictest sense. Just an after supper bowl. I'm not a night owl like some of youse.

Cheers,

RR
Hey BD, anything after supper here is late night for me, I go ta bed at 10pm. ;)

Cartaphilus":nhr8n4gp said:
Brewdude":nhr8n4gp said:

Cheers,

RR
Hey BD, anything after supper here is late night for me, I go ta bed at 10pm. ;)

I'm like a farmer. Bedtime is more like 8PM.

Early to bed, early to rise ya know!

;)

Cheers,

RR

I like the heavier stuff at night. Maybe GH DF or Irish Flake are two favorites. I suppose that Nightcap would be the logical choice, though!

I'm so tired that I rarely finish the entire bowl, and I'll finish it at some pont the next day. DGTed Dark Flake is a pretty rude morning pipe, so it'll sit 'til the late afternoon.

Wow, a nice week of super cool temps these last few evenings (62) and low humidity. Grabbed a big fatty bowl of Devil's Holiday and settled down for a big bowl of candy.....

I can feel the BC breezes of the lakes in Banff blowing down here....

I need to fish........