Your late evening unwind smoke...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Along the lines of others, a Lat blend does it for me. Naturally since we are talking about an evening blend, Nightcap, Nightcap and, did I mention NIGHTCAP? I just love this stuff, it is relatively new to me, but man-o-man does it toot my horn!

NAJ_ile":u777qlzg said:
Along the lines of others, a Lat blend does it for me.  Naturally since we are talking about an evening blend, Nightcap, Nightcap and, did I mention NIGHTCAP?  I just love this stuff, it is relatively new to me, but man-o-man does it toot my horn!
A lot of votes for Nightcap. So far, this one just doesn't do it for me. There are some other lat blends I like at night, my favorite being Penzance, but no longer have any... :(

I am pretty random. My last smoke of the day is not much different from the first smoke except that the first one is likely to be finishing some random bowl from the day before I set down somewhere. Right now I am smoking mostly of Pegasus, SWR, Three Friars and PS Cube Cut at home.

We've had some wonderful evenings lately. Hanging around the upper 60s low 70s. I've been on a big VaPer kick so it's been Telegraph Hill, Anniversary Kake or Solani Silver Flake. I just have started trying the later two and they're incredible.

I just cracked my tin of Solani 633 VA Perique and I was anticipating this one for quite some time. I found it kind of boring. Heard so many good things, but in the end, it was like a weak man's Escudo... Very weak.... Will continue to visit this one, but so far, eh...

I think I've gone all over the map with this topic and rediscovered Nightcap last summer. I find myself smoking it nearly every night now when the weather is mild (i.e. not cold :face: ). Its just darn good…every time. When Nightcap seems blah, I reach for something punchy like Escudo or Balkan Sobraine (new version) or Abingdon. After a long day, a pipeful of a high maintenance lady like Nightcap…well….it just doesn't get any better.

Penzance is a great end of the evening pipe as it gives that instant feeling of relaxation from the very first puff. I also like Maltese Falcon for it's dark richness. I have an aged tin of British Woods that's just waiting for the leaves to start falling off the trees. Nightcap, Irish Flake and Gaslight are always good for a late night knockout punch. :sleep:

Brewdude":7mbd5km6 said:
Early to bed, early to rise ya know!
You get more daylight that way, plus sunrises. I admit to being a night owl, but once I get going, I'm probably going to see that sunrise anyway.

Brewdude":zoq5ws5s said:
Early to bed, early to rise ya know!
You get more daylight that way, plus sunrises. I admit to being a night owl, but once I get going, I'm probably going to see that sunrise anyway.