Your personal blend recipes thread

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey-smokey

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I thought we could start a thread listing some of our own custom blend recipes. I'm not remotely close to a pro blender but have mixed some stuff at home with varied results, sometimes quite good. I think some of you might have some home interesting home recipes to share. I'll start with a few of mine that have given me decent results.

Erinmore Flake (rubbed out) and cigar leaf to taste.
The cigar leaf seems to put an accent on the Va's sweetness.

Captain Black Gold + Latakia (to taste)
A good cross over I experimented with when HGL was discontinued. It's back now so no need.

3 parts CAO Vanilla + 1 oz. of a strong cherry tobacco

1792 Flake + a good pinch of a neutral Burley
I love 1792 flake but it's a pain in the butt to keep lit. The Burley helps a lot and, if kept in small quantities does not affect the flavor profile much.

3 parts of a strong Burley (C&D flakes come to mind) + 1/4 part of cigar leaf + 1/4 part of Latakia
Nice smoke for those who like strong, pungent tobacco.

2 parts of a rope tobacco + 1 part of C&D Kajun Kake + a pinch of cigar leaf
A personal favorite. Again, strong and pungent. Sometimes I add Latakia for zest.

And now, the dregs blend I call "Hobo's delight"
Any time I finish a blend and have less than a bowlful left, I dump it into a mason jar. Once that jar is full I spread that rag tag mixture on a table and let it get bone dry. Next, I spray whatever booze I have handy (usually bourbon, rum or brandy) and mix it well in a bowl, keep spraying until the mixture is well soaked. I leave that mixture in the bowl overnight (covered) until the tobacco is pliable again (sometimes a little steam helps). Next I spread out the mixture and let it get to a normal moisture content. Then back in the mason jar for a couple of weeks (I press it down pretty good but not hard enough to make a cake). The result is not stellar, but I end up with a serviceable smoke. This is for us cheapos out there. Better than smoking the "best of the rest" deals some retailers have.

So, what's yours?

The cigar leaf added to your blend is a great idea, brought to me by my friend AJN27511.  He suggested it and did it with spectacular results.

So, while not a new idea it certainly works just fine.