Your VaPer and Perique blend Recommendations

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SpeedyPete":mvh1o10g said:
Old Nate":mvh1o10g said:
Right on... plenty of time to explore Fillmore... at least at the present.
I have a tin of Fillmore open at present and I can't smell or taste any latakia?  'You sure about the latakia?
Yep...it's in there. But just a little bit. It gives it some extra depth and that (very slight) leathery note - doesn't come across as Latakia at all.

Read a few reviews of Filmore. How have I missed out on this one?? It sounds so good! Also noticed Telegraph Hill. That looks really good too...

I go back and forth with some of the blends, but I think Fillmore and Quiet Nights are two of the best blends made by Greg Pease. Granted I haven't tried them all, but of the many I have, I think those are the best.

Lately I have been smoking Dunhill Dark Flake. It's like STG's finest weed had a threesome baby with McClelland's 2015 & Blackwoods Flake.

One of the best dark Virginia and Perique flakes that I have smoked, period. Personally I like it a bit better than 2015 &  Sam G. St. James Flake.

Sucks that it is going away....

A couple more to consider:

Peter Heinrich's Curly Block and Sunday Picnic (with a little izmir). Both are delicious.

GrampaGrossbart":lmhntxyy said:
And while I wouldn't call it a VaPer, Mac Baren's HH Acadian Perique is a groovy blend with a lot going on.
Mmmmm, good stuff!

Its a bur/va/per, not a true vaper, but if you can tolerate burley and really like perique, then try Old Joe Krantz....another perique blend is Bayou Nights..both are really decent...I do find that aging them for a while smoothes the edges..

I'm on a huge VaPer kick right now. The one I'm enjoying the most is Solani VaPer. I received a tin from my secret santa that has 13 years of age on it. I figured that would mean less spice on the perique but no, it has a good deal of spice and a nice sweet tang to it. I'm trying to take it slow, but it's hard because when I crave a VaPer now that's what I want to smoke! I might have to order some tins to put away for a decade!

Ohhhh I also forgot to mention. HU Original Warehouse Blend Director's Cut! It's a German tobacco that I tried when a friend on here sent me some tobacco samples and it's delicious. I ordered a big tin of it from a German online pipe shop that carried Solani ABF, and I popped the Director's Cut tin open yesterday and smoked some. It is very good, definitely worth trying. The shipping wasn't bad at all, and if you remind him he will refund the VAT. Definitely worth checking out!

Edit: The Director's Cut contains a touch of Burley/Kentucky, so it's not a true VaPer, but if you're a VaPer fan (like I am) I think you would be really happy with this blend.

WandererOfWeirdPaths":b9cwnvcz said:
I'm on a huge VaPer kick right now. The one I'm enjoying the most is Solani VaPer. I received a tin from my secret santa that has 13 years of age on it. I figured that would mean less spice on the perique but no, it has a good deal of spice and a nice sweet tang to it. I'm trying to take it slow, but it's hard because when I crave a VaPer now that's what I want to smoke! I might have to order some tins to put away for a decade!
^^^^^This^^^^^

Solani 633 is, in my opinion, one of the better VaPers available but my favorite is Former's Cross Grain Flake. Another blend that's worth mentioning is Dan Tobacco's Salty Dogs. :)

AJ

My favorite vapers are the following in no particular order.
Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls
Solani 633
Samuel Gawith St James Flake
PH Curly Block
Escudo
Samuel Gawith Cabbies Mixture