Yuriy Aksenov died today. RIP

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.nazarenko

Reaction score
Dear Friends,
Today, on the 3d of January, 2014, Yuriy Aksenov, this kind good man and a talented Artisan died...
May his memory lives forever...

I heard Yuriy was very ill; my condolences to his family and friends, may he rest in peace.

Broken pipe..... :cry: 

He will live on in each bowl that is smoked from his magnificent creations.

Truly a sad day when we lose a fine craftsman and artisan. May his soul find rest and peace.  :cry: 

AJ

Broken pipe

Deeply saddened to learn of his passing. May his family find comfort and may he rest in peace.

Jim

I recall learning that he was ill some time ago, but I suppose I was anticipating hearing that he had recovered. The pipe world, and the world at large has lost a talented artisan, and a good man. Gemilut Chassadim.

I too am deeply saddened to learn of this news. Back in 2012 I commissioned Yuriy to make this beautiful Billiard. I remember how concerned I was thinking it might get lost in the mail. Ironically it arrived in 10 days. We corresponded several times via e-mail and he was extremely wonderful to work with. This pipe has now become even more special to me, and I feel so lucky to have it!

Tom

TomsBilliard2012_zps65411b6a.jpg
" />

tg lorenz":56manrrb said:
I too am deeply saddened to learn of this news. Back in 2012 I commissioned Yuriy to make this beautiful Billiard. I remember how concerned I was thinking it might get lost in the mail. Ironically it arrived in 10 days. We corresponded several times via e-mail and he was extremely wonderful to work with. This pipe has now become even more special to me, and I feel so lucky to have it!

Tom
Such a gorgeous work of art-- just look at that ring grain! You are indeed fortunate to have it. Thanks for sharing!

rothnh,

Yes I have taken this pipe out to smoke this weekend in honor of Yuriy....

BTW that is not ring grain but Yuriy owns special time consuming rustication process that made his pipes so special. I read somewhere he said he wished he would have mastered the sandblast technique. I surly am not going to fault him because his rustication was amazing. Now the search for more Yuriy Aksenov starts now!

Tom

tg lorenz":q5uaktwb said:
rothnh,

Yes I have taken this pipe out to smoke this weekend in honor of Yuriy....

BTW that is not ring grain but Yuriy owns special time consuming rustication process that made his pipes so special. I read somewhere he said he wished he would have mastered the sandblast technique. I surly am not going to fault him because his rustication was amazing. Now the search for more Yuriy Aksenov starts now!

Tom
Nothing wrong with that. Look at J.T. Cooke's alleged "ring grain" technique. Me? J.T.'s marvelous ring grain is a judiciously applied rustictation.

Whatver one's opinion on this, both look marvelous nonetheless.

I just noticed this. My condolences to anyone close to him who may read this.

Ironically, I sent him an email on Jan 3 inquiring about commissioning a pipe.