Zach Attack!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Kaplan

Reaction score
Zach (GuitarMyFriend) just bombed the bejesus out of me!

Out of the blue, the little weasel sent me...

... a brand-new Imco Triplex lighter, an unfinished pipe with a stem that I really dig...

... nine cigars for me, plus one for my cat (Zach knows about Tallulah's love of cigars)...

... a Tallulah-shaped pipe rest, a handsome suede pouch in which I found a cork knocker, a cigar cutter, a tin of Gawith SP Scotch snuff, ...

... a vintage Kabar pen knife allegedly purloined by Zach's own grandfather, (Gramps had a larcenous side, did he?) and two old coins, one possibly Chinese, the other British Indian with my namesake, King George V, on the obverse.
Also a pipe holster, a pack of Backwoods, a nice old Kabar knife sheath (also courtesy of Gramps), a single pipe/tobacco case for my "Non-Tactical" days, cigar matches, and a Chilli's gift card.
That last one may seem a bit out of place and impersonal. It's not. Let me explain:
Zach and I have had an on-going correspondence here for about a year now. He's privy to certain things about me that isn't common knowledge among the BoBs, namely that I'm not exactly a bachelor at the moment. He had the gift card, but no Chilli's in his town, so he sent it to me with the express instructions to "take that lady out to eat". Will do, Zach. I like how you think. ;)
Oh, and watch your back, Zach. I know where you live! :twisted:

...he bombed your cat, too? :cheers: Awesome. :)

I seem to recognize that unfinished pipe... :ponder: ...I'll blame the new girlfriend on being too busy. :heart: :lol:

IMCO for the win. Have my "Junior" model sitting next to me. Love them things.

Nice job, Zach! 8)

George! You bomb me... I'll do my best to Nuke you... Enjoy it all brother!
Kyle, I got it down to that shape, but living in a small apartment, and no woodshop to work in anymore, that pipe was left in that state for almost a whole year. I'm gonna let George take over the creative bit with the intention of smoking it once or twice when and if we meet up sometime. It smokes GREAT. And my pops just got a lathe so I think I'm going to try to get into it once his lathe gets here. I'm just gonna start from scratch. (Where did you buy that block and stem from Kyle? Do they come in different colors of luctite?) George bombed me a bit back so I've been spending months just tossing stuff into a box I hoped he would like. I'm really hoping you got a folder to fit that sheath by the way. It's old and could use a quick oil rub down to protect the leather! There was no tobacco I was willing to give up except a jar of Borkum Riff that's been sitting on my shelf for a year or two... I shoulda sent that...
Zach

(That suede pouch was the first one that my Gramps and I worked on together. I've made a couple more since than, but it is handy. He's had me work on about everything when I was younger as apart of a learning process to use what I have around but I looked at it as fun. I take it a bit more seriously now...)
Zach

Oh and Last but not Least;
Gramps worked for an old Gambles store after his Railroad days. The Store was closing down, and his job along with fellow employees was to get everything out of the store into a truck, so Gramps parked his car right next to the truck when he got there. The first thing he grabbed was a glass case full of Kabars cases and all. Still in the plastic. He walked right outside with it, and wrapped it in a blanket in his trunk. I'm sure he got a couple other things along with it but that one was awesome. Grams still has the glass case laying around somewhere. Well I had no idea about it until one day when it was rainy out and there was no outside work to do, he told me to run out to his shop and grab all the knives I could find in a drawer. I walked in with an array of hunting knives, tactical knives, and a box full of these Kabars. I sat on the computer and looked up the prices of them all and found out that the same models, Dirty, without a box, and used went for a good buck. I turned to him and said, "Geeze Gramps! You gotta great collection of knives!" He slapped me on the head, pointed a finger at me, and said, "WE got a great collection of knives". Once my Gramps passed my Grams was closing down the work shop and selling a bunch of stuff, I snuck out there at night and grabbed all the knives, and contemplated on stealing a .22 revolver out of there but I'm sure she woulda noticed that missing. Good story behind them. I stole what he stole.
Zach

Chili's?
You have to share the molten lava cake!!
It's obscenely romantic...

GuitarMyFriend":848lwn1y said:
George! You bomb me... I'll do my best to Nuke you... Enjoy it all brother!
I don'y know what you mean by that, Zach. All I ever sent you was one tiny little tin of snuff. ;)
Again, thank you so much. The stories behind all these things make them all the more special. I'll let the cigars acclimate to my humidor for a few weeks before trying them. Except the Backwoods; they're already half gone. Gotta love Backwoods. Make you look like Clint Eastwood and smell like the cereal aisle at Meijer's. :p I'll see what I can do with that pipe, although my spare time is rather limited these days. Maybe It'll keep getting passed around, eventually finding its way back to Kyle, spoon shaped with paper-thin walls and SaltwaterCowboy's orange dye.

Gots to love a bombing!

Well done Zach!! Congrats to you GK!

Zach launched a full on air strike all on his own, that is awesomeness beyond belief, bravo Zach, enjoy your goodies in rude good health George. :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers:

Kirk Fitzgerald":zkgo14vb said:
... enjoy your goodies in rude good health George.
Ok. I thought for a second that said "NUDE good health". No matter; I can do either one, often both at the same time. This attack was totally unwarranted. I'm a grouchy old old ne'er-do-well and Zach knows it. Undeserving of this. I'm gonna have to plan something really nasty in retaliation! :twisted:

GK,
I'm warning you... one more post about locking targets with me and I'm going to detonate that catnip cigar C4 I put together.
And please... keep your clothes on...

(Is sarcasm a common trait of a pipe smoker, or is pipe smoking a hobby that sarcastic people share?)

Back off!!!!
Zach

George Kaplan":96b7xwg3 said:
Kirk Fitzgerald":96b7xwg3 said:
... enjoy your goodies in rude good health George.
Ok. I thought for a second that said "NUDE good health". No matter; I can do either one, often both at the same time. This attack was totally unwarranted. I'm a grouchy old old ne'er-do-well and Zach knows it. Undeserving of this. I'm gonna have to plan something really nasty in retaliation! :twisted:
George naked smoking a big ol'Cigar smiling serenely, now I'm scared.................... :lol:

The antique kbar is really sweet, will be just the ticket for slicing some JackKnife Plug! I notice that a brand new similar kabar on their website sells for $140! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Congrats, George. And Zach...well done!! There is something very special about these Michigan guys. ;)