Zippo Lighters

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I don't suppose that the pipe insert will fit into the 1941 Replica model, will it?

What about the polished brass Armour model with the thicker case?

Thanks!

It is my understanding that the pipe insert is dimensionally the same as a regular standard insert. The difference is the 'flue'. This, keeping in mind that there is a standard size and a thin lighter.

I have also heard that if you send the lighter back to Zippo with arequest for the pipe insert, they will do it for you no extra cost. If it's a warrantee claim, then it may very well be free!

dougc905":932g2mcl said:
It is my understanding that the pipe insert is dimensionally the same as a regular standard insert. The difference is the 'flue'. This, keeping in mind that there is a standard size and a thin lighter.

I have also heard that if you send the lighter back to Zippo with arequest for the pipe insert, they will do it for you no extra cost. If it's a warrantee claim, then it may very well be free!
They did this for me with my Copper model. Just cost me postage there and I have both inserts for it now. I wasn't sure that the insert fits these other models as they are slightly different.

Carlos":v9kg5ij2 said:
dougc905":v9kg5ij2 said:

They did this for me with my Copper model. Just cost me postage there and I have both inserts for it now. I wasn't sure that the insert fits these other models as they are slightly different.
As you found out Zippo will replace your insert for free but...only with current
production parts..if they will fit.

I have a pipe insert in a brass armour model and it works very well. It is my outdoors pipe lighter. I don't know about the 1941 replica, but if you hear from Zippo let us know.

Carlos":8belquhj said:
I don't suppose that the pipe insert will fit into the 1941 Replica model, will it?

What about the polished brass Armour model with the thicker case?

Thanks!
I've got pipe inserts in a polished brass and chrome- both armor cased. My understanding is the pipe inserts are the same as the regular insert- fit wise. Should fit any except the slim line.

Well, the pipe insert does fit the 1941 replica. But it's a bit sloppy. The pipe insert is more rounded for the newer lighters. Not much difference. But it's there. I also like the looks of the brass insert in a brass lighter. Something that I wish they had done on the copper was made a copper insert. Then matching metal pipe inserts for each. But that's a lot of money tied up in production if not many ask for them.