10 Random Facts About Me *Please Join In*

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your service, your love of our great nation and your passion for pipes Richard! :D

I should have started reading this at the start, it took a while to get to the end of page 6, but it was really worth it, because you guys are a very interesting bunch.

10. Military vet, and proud to have served my country.

9. 14 years clean and sober.

8. Pipe smoker since the age of 16, but was on cigs and cigars for years. Now exclusively on pipes, and just starting to get into collecting. I have dabbled but never serious about it. This forum, BoB, has turned me into an obsessive. (Well, that's not BoB fault, is it?)

7. I'm a psychotherapist in private practice, and that after a long string of trying to figure out who I was and where I fit. (Isn't that what we are all utimately trying to find... peace of mind, and a place to belong?)

6. I'm an ex-Jesuit.

5. On my second marriage, and this one stuck. My wife likes pipes WAY better than cigars, and doesn't mind that my coats usually smell like I've been standing next to a campfire, but WILL NOT let me smoke in the house. And I have a 20 year old son who recently went with me to Iwan Ries, and bought himself a corncob and puffed a bowl with me. (That was great!)

4. I recently lost my two cats to FeLV. It was very sad to watch them go. We are currently without pets, and not used to it. We will get two kittens soon.

3. I am searching for the perfect bulk tobacco to lay-in, because I am truly worried that it will become too expensive to buy. This is a time consuming process, since I enjoy smoking so many different kinds of tobacco.

2. I love fishing, golfing and camping. If only someone would invent a pipe holder for a golf cart, then life would be perfect.

1. I truly appreciate being a part of this community, and really enjoy the comments and ideas you guys put forth. I'm not a big fan of some of the politics, so you will never learn what mine are... because with my pipe smoking friends, I like to keep it just that: friendly... so... we smoke, talk about pipes, women, kids, stupid criminals, bad movies, food, growing older, and other things that really are about taste, not matters of life and death. I will talk to you about religion or spirituality, but not on a public forum...

Thanks fella's...

I've managed to avoid this thread until now... Might as well try...

10. I am extreme in my opinions. I am either 100% for something or 100% against something... I see the world as black and white with no grey.

9. My father left when I was two, my mother quit Nursing when I was in 3rd grade.. I grew up on welfare.

8. I am an extreme sociaphobe

7. I love guns, I hate killing things.

6. I am a computer junkie.. I used to build them until I figured out it was more fun to just play on them all day.. Video Games and the Internet are my down fall.

5. I am a Ham Radio Op. I used to enjoy running a mobile radio, nothing passes the day like talking to folk over seas.

4. I like women with some meat on their bones, pencil women look like little boys to me and I can't see what the attraction is.. Gimmie curves.

3. Pre-Internet I used to read encyclopedias for fun.

2. I have a daughter that hates me and has refused to talk to me for two years.

1. I have been to every state but Hawaii and Alaska. I've been to two Canadian provences, three Mexican states, several bahama islands, Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, Cuba, Guatamala,Honduras,Argentina,Nicaruaga, Panama, Spain,Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, England, and flew over plenty more I'm sure.. And yet there's no place in the world like Kentucky..

And a +1

+1. I think stuff like this is corny.

1. I smoked a pipe for the first time in 1983 but for just a few short months
2. I have been a casual smoker/collector since 1996
3. I have been married and faithful to my sweetheart for 27 years
4. I have 2 lovely daughters and 3 wonderful grandchildren
5. I have been in commission sales my entire adult life
6. I strive to live a life of faith in Christ
7. I am emotionally attached to "most" of my pipes, the others I'm working on
8. I work out 4-5 times per week lifting weights and doing cardio
9. I am a passionate bowhunter and no I don't want to kill Bambi :D
10. I am politically conservative and still believe in the free market and free enterprise system..God Bless America!

1. Born and live in Pretoria, South Africa.
2. Started smoking cigarettes when I was 14 and never looked back.
3. I hold 3 national medals for Olympic re curve archery and qualified for for world masters games in Sidney 2008.
4. I have a Honours and Masters degree cum laude in Fine art and lecture at the university of Pretoria.
5. I am a painter by trade and a well established South African artist.
6. I am addicted to coffee and coca-cola.
7. Lance Armstrong is my Hero.
8. I love fishing and Hunting especially with Fly rods and Bows.
9. I am married to the pretties woman in the world named Leonie and have a 4 year old son named Xavier.
10. I love WALNUT! :)

1. Born and live in Ga. USA
2. Started smoking cigarettes when I was 12 and never looked back.
3. I practiced nursing for 14 years got tired of wiping butts started driving a Large car and did that for 14 years. Retired now. Result of Dr. Peglegging me on the left side.
4. I am a avid gardener try to grow anything where ever I can plant it.
5. I can take anything apart but can't put anything back together again.
6. I am addicted to coffee and Mountain Dew.
7. My Father is my Hero.
8. I love fishing and Hunting especially with Cane poles and 30-06s love to eat Bambie.
9. I was married for six of the 14 years I drove the truck. She had 3 children by a previous marriage. The truck is why I'm not married now. You Know the saying Daddies Trucking-Mammas F______ing
10. I love WALNUT!
11. :joker:
Ed

Nice one ED!
Especially no.4
That's where those 'green fingers, come from and the passion the'tree of Knowledge' aka the beautiful weed! :lol!:
P.S. the 30-06 is the one and only hand cannon..... we call it the "holy rifle'....... it shoots 'huge frikin holies'
Did you get my PM?

May as well give up some info on myself too!

1. I was a complete screw up until I got thrown out of my 1st college and got my act together
2. I don't consider myself to have many "friends", but those I do consider my firends I would do anything for
3. Duck hunting & flyfishing are my 2 favorite past times
4. The only reason I quit playing rugby is my wife begged me
5. I have no computer skills outside of Microsoft Excel
6. I have an addiciton to McDonald's Sweet & Sour sauce
7. I want to move back down south as the cost of living in the northeast is just rediculous
8. I too love Walnut
9. I refuse to talk to any Red Sox fan once the playoffs start - Go Yanks!
10. I'd rather be in cargo pants and boots instead of a suit and tie

Andrew