2 More Edward's For The Collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atwageman

Reaction score
Got these off of Ebay the other day. I'm looking forward to there arrival. Should go great and smoke great with the rest of my Edward's collection.

ed1-1.jpg

ed2-1.jpg

ed3-1.jpg

ed4-1.jpg

And here is the other one....

ed5.jpg

ed6.jpg

ed7.jpg

Very nice. Far nicer than the Edward's Pot I scored off eBay. Enjoy!

I won a beautiful Edward's a few months ago, but unfortunately, the person who replaced the tenon did a horribly shoddy job. From the looks of it, they heated the stem, pushed or screwed the tenon in (read: forced), and then when everything cooled, cracks formed around the entire circumference of the stem. I was really disappointed. It was a nice piece of wood with good balance.

Zeno Marx":99m6etva said:
I won a beautiful Edward's a few months ago, but unfortunately, the person who replaced the tenon did a horribly shoddy job. From the looks of it, they heated the stem, pushed or screwed the tenon in (read: forced), and then when everything cooled, cracks formed around the entire circumference of the stem. I was really disappointed. It was a nice piece of wood with good balance.
You could have a new vulcanite stem or lucite stem made for it????

I am pretty darned sure I bid on the second one, and lost it to you. You dastardly fiend! I am serious... Good looking pipes for sure, but the second one rocks.

Both very nice. I am a fan of the first one it has a very Danish feel about it. Good looking well ballanced and elegant and I am sure its a good smoker.

Yup! Just checked my "Didn't Win" Catagory on ebay and that's the same pipe. #310395384080 You Dirty Dog! I hope you enjoy your spoils Sir! Well at least I am glad it went to someone I know, at least. :p

The older Straight Grains of theirsI have are some of the nicest smoking pipes I own! I have two that STILL sweat when smoked after smoking for 30+ years !! Their oil curing was fantastic!!

How do the new ones available on Edward's site compare with what you can find as estates? They still talk about their 60+ year old Algerian briar, and the second shape above is still in the catalog.

tallan":nxsa8lbu said:
How do the new ones available on Edward's site compare with what you can find as estates? They still talk about their 60+ year old Algerian briar, and the second shape above is still in the catalog.
They should be the same as they are still made by the same factory that made them back in the late 60s when they started . The ones I've seen, new, look exactly as the ones I bought new back in the '70s. The only difference is that my pipes have an additional 30+ years on that 60 yo briar now :p