2 year old fvf

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansaspiper

Reaction score
Just cracked a 2 year old tin of fvf yumm
Any one else look forward to popping an aged Tina of there fav tob

Arky, I'm smoking a pipe for over 47 years and yesterday I opened a tin of 10 year aged Solani ABF. I guess I'm still a child at heart because I look forward to every aged tin I open. I actually have a sealed tin of Granger from the early 60's that was my Grandfather's, if I'm still here on Earth at the age he passed away I will be opening and smoking that big tin. Originally made by The Ligget & Myers Tobacco Co, then Pinkerton and now it's owned by The Scandinavian Tobacco Group, and smokes nothing like the old blend. The tin I have is the rough cut, it was a good all day Burley blend with great taste and smooth. Today's blend can be harsh and even give you tongue bite. As the Brit's say....complete rubbish!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Ahhhhh, the sound of that "pop" when the air first rushes out, and the smell of that long, restrained tobacco is one of the great pleasures of our hobby. I too look forward to it. I especially like the smell of a virgin McClellend's Virginia/Christmas Cheer tin. I know it's vinegar and ketchup to many, but it's shear heaven in a can to my nose.

Fortunately, when I was younger and smarter than I am now, I bought multiple tins of CC every year, so I can open a tin of ten to twenty year Virginia at will.

And if you think I'm bragging, please allow me to place my thumb on my nose, wave the hand back and forth, and say in the humblest of terms; nanner nanner boo boo!

Your most humble of Natches

I have a 20 year old tin of Rattray's Professional Mixture...I seriously meant to open it when the Cubs won the Series, but never got around to it. I guess it'll just sit until they get another one.

Once I finish off some of what I have open, my next tin will probably some GLP Telegraph Hill with 8ish years on it.

HA! I have a 23 year old tin of McClelland NO. 25 Virginia! Same age as me. I'll maybe pop it when it's 30 or so, or I'll sell it, who knows.
Zach

(MANNNNNN do I love the sound and smell of a freshly cracked tin...)

GuitarMyFriend":exm9e1hb said:
HA! I have a 23 year old tin of McClelland NO. 25 Virginia! Same age as me. I'll maybe pop it when it's 30 or so, or I'll sell it, who knows.
Zach

(MANNNNNN do I love the sound and smell of a freshly cracked tin...)
Nooooooo, don't sell it Zach.  You've nurtured that tin, loved it, caressed it, talked to it, even taken it to dinner.  Don't sell it old chap!  Enjoy it!

How'd you know all that Stick?!?! HAS SHE BEEN TALKING TO YOU?!??!?!?!?!
I'm gonna crack her lid once I get home!!!

After 23 years, I haven't been able to get her to take her top off!

She is really calm; she's never blown her lid...

She looks great though, ages really well...

Trying to talk about her emotions isn't easy; she's always sealed shut...

AAAAAANNNNNDDDD I'm spent...

Pop it. I think NO. 25 would do very well with all that age on it. It's a little sharp young.

GuitarMyFriend":6uzweclw said:
How'd you know all that Stick?!?! HAS SHE BEEN TALKING TO YOU?!??!?!?!?!
I'm gonna crack her lid once I get home!!!

After 23 years, I haven't been able to get her to take her top off!

She is really calm; she's never blown her lid...

She looks great though, ages really well...

Trying to talk about her emotions isn't easy; she's always sealed shut...

AAAAAANNNNNDDDD I'm spent...
Reading this was one of lifes little pleasures

I have a tin of Murray era Erinmore that I put close to 4 yrs on myself, but it's older than that. May trade it, as I had already smoked a big pile of it before I found out it doesn't exist anymore.