2011 West Coast Pipe Show Pics!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooray! :cheers: :cheers: It was like I was there! Except I didn't come home with anything...

...which by the way, after mentioning about 20 pipes that were the best of show... what followed you home? 8)

thanks for sharing your photos and for including the captions. fun look and read.

It was a really fun show. My first pipe show and to say I was overwhelmed is an understatement. It is easy to browse pipes on the internet, but you don't get quite the understanding of the styles and shapes until they are all next to each other. Really nice to have them together like that. And to speak to the pipe makers about size and style is a treat. I bought 3 designer pipes, two directly from the pipe makers and they were very eager to stay in the loop on how well it works for me. Everyone who attended the Chicago pipe show said it was a completely overwhelming experience. So where the West Coast Pipe Show is more intimate, the Chicago show is more hustle and bustle. If you haven't been to a pipe show, I highly recommend the experience.

And must say Russ Ouellette is a great guy. He gave a seminar on blending and was very helpful in everything from tobacco selection to storing techniques.

Thanks for posting those pictures. Looked to be an awesome show. Glad to see Misha. He's my number one pipe maker crush. The guy's pipes speak to me and someday I hope to own one.

Kyle Weiss":t9b7e6zw said:
Hooray! :cheers: :cheers: It was like I was there! Except I didn't come home with anything...

...which by the way, after mentioning about 20 pipes that were the best of show... what followed you home? 8)
I picked up a nice Cavicchi bulldog from Neatpipes. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Harlock999":hrrtj8oc said:
Kyle Weiss":hrrtj8oc said:

I picked up a nice Cavicchi bulldog from Neatpipes. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.
Please do! :D I'm getting an affinity for bulldogs (especially bents) and your eye seems to pick up the better ones. 8)

I just remembered that I missed DocWatson at the show.
Has anyone heard from him?

My table was next to my friend Peter Heeschen, we were stuck in the far corner of the hall!!!! Darn, missed a lot of Brothers that I wished to meet.
Andy

docwatson":yru79g1j said:
My table was next to my friend Peter Heeschen, we were stuck in the far corner of the hall!!!! Darn, missed a lot of Brothers that I wished to meet.
Andy
Good to here from you doc!
I can't believe I was standing right in front of you!
I'll be better prepared next year!

I would be afraid of what I would spend at a show like that. Thanks for putting these pictures up.

Wow, sensory overload and mind-boggling don't seem strong enough terms. Love the pictures and the funny captions. I have to make one of these big shows soon.....
Can't wait to see that Cavicchi bulldog.