2nd attempt at a Bulldog

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't need no stinkin' rings. Nice pipe, nice shaping. I like it.

noring10.jpg
" />

pepesdad1":s4lmbkma said:
Good to see the magic is still there...another masterpiece, Bro.
You're too kind my friend but thank you kindly all the same. :heart:

Richard Burley":jio8kb26 said:
Don't need no stinkin' rings. Nice pipe, nice shaping. I like it.

noring10.jpg
Thank you kindly for the compliment and vote of confidence. :sunny:

Kirk! Glad to see you making pipes again! That is a stunning bulldog. Looks great without the rings too. However, I do know what you mean about wanting to put the rings on there. But that is something you just about need a lathe for. Stunning job on the shank and bit too! Very nice pipe. I would love to have one like it in my stable for sure!

Don't be so modest Kirk. As the owner of your first "attempt" at a bulldog, she's as good a smoker as any I own. She's got it of character and gets many a compliments. You do wonderful work buddy :)

Very well done Kirk. I'd happily have that pipe in my collection.

Well, being bent and not having the ring, looking at it, it reads to me as a kinda Danish interpretation of the shape. And ain't nothing wrong with that!

Briar Spirit":74ybyznv said:
My biggest annoyance with this pipe was the stem I used, due to the lack of better tools to use I must resort to using preformed stem and these awful preformed Ebonite stems arrive in the most appalling condition. This one had a serious air bubble hole and some air bubble 'blotches' is the best I can think to describe them near the mortise face so I was forced to do a chair leg groove there, looks okay but this style really shouldn't have that done to the stem.
I saw that chair leg groove, and thought it really popped, and made the pipe even more unique... I would have thought it was totally an artistic flair until I read this. :) (I still like it.)

Beautiful pipe, and I really love the color.

0ldManJenkins":uaa1v099 said:
Briar Spirit":uaa1v099 said:
My biggest annoyance with this pipe was the stem I used, due to the lack of better tools to use I must resort to using preformed stem and these awful preformed Ebonite stems arrive in the most appalling condition. This one had a serious air bubble hole and some air bubble 'blotches' is the best I can think to describe them near the mortise face so I was forced to do a chair leg groove there, looks okay but this style really shouldn't have that done to the stem.
I saw that chair leg groove, and thought it really popped, and made the pipe even more unique...   I would have thought it was totally an artistic flair until I read this. :)  (I still like it.)

Beautiful pipe, and I really love the color.
^^^^^My thoughts also.^^^^^
The groove is groovy!

Apologies for the late reply chaps, had some troubles and some surgery so was not feeling too social for a spell, appreciate the very kind words, thanks chaps. :cheers: