50th Anni of Alice's Restaurant on PBS 11-26-15.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInks

Reaction score
Kewl, thanks Jim.

Back in the day I was in a band that performed this one. The drummer knew the whole rap word-for-word and I'd play guitar while he recited it. Good times man, good times!

Cheers,

RR

Ah yes, the 8x10 color glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining watch each one was about.

"You can get anything ya want at Alice's restaurant...............except Alice! ;)

I did a bunch of tours with Arlo back in the 1970s, including "The Rolling Blunder Review"...Arlo's tongue-in-cheek version of that thing with Dylan, Joan Baez, and others. Arlo bought a bus for band and crew, dubbed The BlunderBus. The last tour we did together was in 1978, whose live performances supplied the live tracks for Arlo's One Night album on the Warner Bros. label.

As I recall, that was during his Franciscan friar period (yup...he was a genuine Franciscan monk, with the long brown robe, and everything). The tour venues were organized (as far as possible) around the locations of various Franciscan monasteries around the U.S. Band and crew stayed at a hotel, and Arlo stayed at the monastery.

Arlo is (by far) one of the most intelligent, rational, and moral humanoids with whom I ever worked in that hellhole of a business, which is too densely populated by self-important, guilt-ridden morons whose pseudo-sense of moral superiority is surpassed only by their hypocrisy and cluelessness.

Arlo is a different species. I recall with fondness our discussions of idiosyncratic cosmology aboard The BlunderBus. You’d have to go far to find a finer human being.

newjok10.png