6 More Weeks of What!!! February Bombing Run

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timbo - and if it works out that you join up, be sure to get with a mission commander for early target i.d. so your load has some likelihood of hitting at the proper time. 

So what's mailing time from OZ anyway? Inquiring minds and all.

Blackhorse":gwltfz7n said:
Timbo - and if it works out that you join up, be sure to get with a mission commander for early target i.d. so your load has some likelihood of hitting at the proper time. 

A recent order of mine from England took 26 days from the time I was sent initial tracking. The tracking never said anything more than "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment."

It did arrive but looked as if it had been used for drone strike target practice. In one of those miricles of the postal service the contents were unscathed.

Blackhorse":ynfk62hw said:

For what little the info is worth, a friend of mine and I exchange gifts, and in the 90s she was outside Melbourne (she's now in the UK). If I remember correctly, packages could take as little as 8 days and and much as 3 weeks. I think the average was around 12-16 days.

I order watercolor supplies (art stuff...as in painting) from England from two companies in the UK...Bromley's and Jackson's. Both are stellar in terms of shipping, and for little more than many vendors in the USA gouge me for (a special pet peeve) I can depend on no more than 7 - 11 days start to finish. So it depends on the company, AND on what games USA customs wants to play with it.

It's an interesting and rich area.

One potential solution is for a person residing in a foreign country to make a purchase via a USA vendor. That way a very good prediction can be made for receipt date, if care is taken. Just a thought

I'm doing some flying tests today and gathering ordinance for possible future missions. I want to be in tip top shape to keep up with the rest of you aces!

Phew, I thought I missed this somehow! Wonder why I didn't get the update post/link from the Jan thread... :scratch:

Anyway, I'm in!

me j...sometimes I hit the wrong button and AD (auto drop) drop myself from the list...and don't get auto hit til I post again, which resets the AFS (auto follow status). Maybe?

But usually the MSP (modified stationary panic) kicks in and I start the GPS (general panic search) protocol.

Guess I didn't put myself on this notice list or what have you. I'll have to look into that for the next time.

I'm in.

kaitlyn3837":amere28p said:
I'm starting to get antsy... am I the only one?!
Nope, I've only done one so far and it is exciting. The anticipation of learning the next unsuspecting victim is almost as good as seeing the aftermath.

kaitlyn3837":ghx4i9ua said:
Me too, especially on my first raid after my break and getting destroyed myself!

I picked up something today for the next victim.. er recipient. I was out with the wife at a fountain pen shop... (try getting out of there without spending any money)... and then went to The Briar Shoppe that was one block over. Interesting place, that is. Anyways, I found something I had only seen and read about. Figured that since they were on sale, I would pick one up to try and then send the other over to the unsuspecting and probably well-deserving target. I can't say until after the mission is accomplished. All I caqn say is that I am still on the fence with this item. I will let y'all know when we all make it back successfully!

Ocelot55":a4eyt8nc said:
Fumus":a4eyt8nc said:
kaitlyn3837":a4eyt8nc said:
I'm right there with ya.   :bounce:
Keep yer britches on! Command is still doing recon! :mrgreen:
How did you know I was sitting here without my britches??

Well folks, here is our list of participants. Looks like a good group this month. Orders to be issued shortly, so stay tuned.

Blackhorse
PozzSka
Ocelot55
WarlockBob
Fatman
d4klutz
nismo270r
DrumsAndBeer
kaitlyn3837
Fr_Tom
DrT999
MichaelM