A Few Burl For The Shop, some great pipes to come.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treezenroots":te3w1uv0 said:
George Kaplan":te3w1uv0 said:
Mine's bigger! :p

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t16405-if-only-oak-burl-made-good-pipes

But then, you have more of 'em and the ability to do something with them besides sell them. :(
Seriously, man, post some pics of your work.
OH!! your talking about the burl...are you saying you sell burl.
Something tells me you're not getting the links that are posted. I suppose that sounds pretty idiotic out of context. Scroll down the Photo Gallery for the post: "If only oak burl made good pipes..."
All will be revealed. :pirat:

George Kaplan":9fskx7zi said:
treezenroots":9fskx7zi said:
George Kaplan":9fskx7zi said:
Mine's bigger! :p

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t16405-if-only-oak-burl-made-good-pipes

But then, you have more of 'em and the ability to do something with them besides sell them. :(
Seriously, man, post some pics of your work.
OH!! your talking about the burl...are you saying you sell burl.
Something tells me you're not getting the links that are posted. I suppose that sounds pretty idiotic out of context. Scroll down the Photo Gallery for the post: "If only oak burl made good pipes..."
All will be revealed. :pirat:
I see it now, WOW man, thats nice

How do you get the turquoise in the cracks? is it ground up and set in there with resin?

i.keenum":k1xhymj5 said:
How do you get the turquoise in the cracks? is it ground up and set in there with resin?
I take a beautiful piece of turqouis,smash into to what
I may need,then sprinkle it in where it wants to
pretty much dictate. Glue it,sand it, then do that
over and over for hours.
New pipe and topic i'll post tonight, check this out. My
latest and best work

Very cool and unique pipes! Looks like a lot of man hours was invested. Keep up the awesome work! :D

By putting the turquoise "in" the body of the bowl, my first thought is the stone material may have a different coefficient of expansion than the wood. Any problems with separation or the insets popping out?