A handshake from the Old Dominion

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8razor

Reaction score
Hello Gents.

I am new here and just wanted to let everyone know that I am looking forward to working with you all.

I am from the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, I am a 23 year old married male and a 5 year "Veteran of the Briar".

I started with a couple of old Grabows that were my grandfathers, and the "Hobby" I guess you would call it, took off from there. I have since acquired numerous pipes including a couple of no name smoke shop basket pipes, a Butz-Choquin Cappadoce, a Peterson(Unknown what model only cost me 35 bucks), a Nording (poker style), and a couple that I have made myself.

I smoke mostly anything containing VA's, Periques, and Burley. I'm smoking C&D almost exclusively with the exception of the Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture. Cannot and will not tolerate anything having anything to do with Latakia. I guess you could say that Latakia is my Kryptonite.

Anyway Gentlemen I would like to again say that I look forward to working with you all and hope we can all benefit greatly.

Respectfully,
David L. Bowers
a.k.a str8razor

It is so beautiful to use objects that are inherited after these of our Dear ones who were before us. It is in a way like a new lease of life. And the old pipes are often providing better smoke then new ones. Dr Grabow belongs to the best US pipes, unfortunately underestimated in Europe. Welcome to the Forum, and - happy puffing !

Welcome, and keep your mind and options open. Several of my favorite blends today were my, "no way in hell I'd ever smoke that shit" blends a few decades past. :lol:

Natch

Natch":00cwxayv said:
Welcome, and keep your mind and options open. Several of my favorite blends today were my, "no way in hell I'd ever smoke that shit" blends a few decades past. :lol:

Natch

I hear ya there buddy. I guess what I should have said is "My no way in hell for the time being".