A little confused

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oreodiane

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I recently bought samplers of Lanes RLP6 and 1Q. I thought that maybe one of them would not be as goopy as Captain Black, which I like. The 1 Q misses it by a mile, the RLP 6 is kind of close. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
John

I believe that 1Q is CB Royal, RLP-6 is CB, BCA is CB Dark and I think HS-3 is CB Gold. :shock:

If I encounter "goopy" tobacco, I like to dry it out a while before I smoke it. Sometimes I dry it overnight. Sometimes I'll just smoke it in a corn cob or a meerschaum if it is too "goopy".

This takes me back decades, but I used to "dilute" goopy, overflavored tobaccos with something relatively neutral, like Prince Albert or something. That stripped them of their cloying sweetness, which always made me want to eat the tobacco rather than smoke it. Strangely I am currently smoking RLP-6 straight as my car blend, for the smell, and don't find it particularly distasteful. Wonder if their batches vary?

Richard Burley":3bxyowfl said:
This takes me back decades, but I used to "dilute" goopy, overflavored tobaccos with something relatively neutral, like Prince Albert or something. That stripped them of their cloying sweetness, which always made me want to eat the tobacco rather than smoke it. Strangely I am currently smoking RLP-6 straight as my car blend, for the smell, and don't find it particularly distasteful. Wonder if their batches vary?  
C&D had a blend called Winchester that's mild and aromatic-like without the aroma. I think it'd be the perfect transition to natural tobaccos or for diluting the goop by blending.