A little word of warning

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alandadp

Reaction score
My daughter has just got herself a new job, location ..... Orlando Florida! She will be emigrating, with husband in tow, next week and my good wife is already planning our first visit for some time in October.
I will be visiting your shores more frequently in the future laden down with large quantities of 'soap' to be scattered maliciously across your fair land :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You have been warned!

alandadp":kpi9rq8f said:
I will be visiting your shores more frequently in the future laden down with large quantities of 'soap' to be scattered maliciously across your fair land :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You have been warned!
I know Kyle and Monbla are huge fans of the "soap." I'd start with them... :p

alandadp":4euyu0m4 said:
Monbla was top of my list :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mix some ketchup with it and I'm sure all will be well !! :twisted: :twisted: And just think, you can get all the ketchup you NEED to take back with you !! :twisted: :twisted:

SOAP! But, I took a bath last week!

Are you say'en we yanks are a stinky bunch? :suspect:

Ah, congratulations to her and her husband! Also to you now having a place in Orlando while on holiday :D

Ew! Soapy ketchup. That's just not right. You'd need one of those bubble pipes. :drunken: :pale: :silent: :oops:

Oh, I almost forgot! Congrats to alandp's daughter on the new gig! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

That's great news Adam! Takes a lot of courage to make a move of that scale so fair play to them both. Have you checked out the permissable duty free?!!!?

Brewdude":qb9pu2ez said:
.....Orlando you say Adam? Is the lass going to working for the rat then?.......

:face:

Cheers,

RR
No, she's a 'Recruitment Consultant' (dealing with people whose wages are about 5x mine :( ).
I believe she's just based in Orlando but will cover the whole US (electronically I'd imagine).
She does get about a 50% pay rise taking this job so can't blame her.

Stick":sj2b667u said:
That's great news Adam! Takes a lot of courage to make a move of that scale ......
And her Father's money  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

alandadp":mohl3if0 said:
Stick":mohl3if0 said:
That's great news Adam! Takes a lot of courage to make a move of that scale ......
And her Father's money  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
But, you're getting a great vacation destination as a trade-off! :mrgreen:

It's hot like a sauna in Florida sir, even in winter. By New England standards anyway. They think the mid sixties are cold down there. Also, word from the wise- the Golden Corral restaurants look good, but it's not worth the aftermath lol.

Jevverrett":flo123mi said:
It's hot like a sauna in Florida sir, even in winter. By New England standards anyway. They think the mid sixties are cold down there. Also, word from the wise- the Golden Corral restaurants look good, but it's not worth the aftermath lol.
This man speaks the truth, on both points.

Upon reaching retirement age Jewish parents are required by law to spend six months out of the year in FL. So we usually bring the kid (now kids) to visit Grandma and Grandpa (and Mickey) once or twice a year. I am always surprised by that first hit of humidity stepping out of the nice air conditioned airport.

As for Golden Corral...well, yeah. Just don't.

Congrats to your daughter and to you for the future holiday retreat. :cheers:

Can i give you a list of British foods and stuff i really miss? Maybe some single malt that i cant get here.

tarheel7734":zvron7tn said:
Can i give you a list of British foods and stuff i really miss? Maybe some single malt that i cant get here.
It'll be a while before we go out there - gotta give them time to prepare for a visitation  ;) Will let people know nearer know nearer the time in case I can bring a few small things out ( two cases of Highland Park and a case of Lagavulin does not count as small :evil: )

[quote 

As for Golden Corral...well, yeah. Just don't.
/quote]

I'll second that.

Orlando's got to be one of the most humid cities in the US!! You can break a sweat going from the AC in the house walking to the car in the driveway !! :twisted: :twisted:  If you go in the summer, get ready !! Here's some info on Orlando for ya :

http://www.point2homes.com/US/Neighborhood/FL/Orlando-Demographics.html

And as other's have said stay away from Golden Corral :twisted: :twisted:

I've been to Philadelphia yesterday for a very nice breakfast. Weather was nice with a liitle bit of wind to keep us cool.