A little word of warning

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monbla256":ujyu4yx5 said:
Orlando's got to be one of the most humid cities in the US!! You can break a sweat going from the AC in the house walking to the car in the driveway !! :twisted: :twisted:  If you go in the summer, get ready !! Here's some info on Orlando for ya :

http://www.point2homes.com/US/Neighborhood/FL/Orlando-Demographics.html

And as other's have said stay away from Golden Corral :twisted: :twisted:
Thanks Monbla.
I lived in Pensacola for a year in the early 80s (on a US Naval Base, I was in the RN at the time) and have been to Orlando every couple of years to Disney (the wife and daughter have sold their souls to the Realm of the Rat :twisted: ).
Being of the 3XL size, my visits consist of high speed waddles from AC to AC punctuated by stops at the ever decreasing smoking areas.
On my next trip (probably next Feb/March) my time will be filled procuring large quantities of tobacco at stupidly low prices then sending several packages of 'hobby supplies' home :D
In all my trips to the US I have never noticed a Golden Corral, what is it? UK TripAdvisor gives it 4 stars (out of 5) but from the comments on here it sounds like MacD with a side order of botulism :lol:. Will ask my daughter to try it when her company Health Insurance kicks in  :lol:

It is an inexpensive buffet restaurant (all you can eat of course, this is the u.s) consisting of largely southern u.s. cuisine. Mostly fried foods, very heavy on the grease.

Southern cooking or not I would not let my neighbors dog eat there......period.

Jevverrett":4jyny2z2 said:
It is an inexpensive buffet restaurant (all you can eat of course, this is the u.s) consisting of largely southern u.s. cuisine. Mostly fried foods, very heavy on the grease.
I was wondering about this myself. And I don't normally go to the "great God google" for information, preferring to get it from those who have experience or from my own non-internet research.

For a while there I thought that the Golden Corral might be a local reference to a place like the gentleman's establishments in NV.

:eek:

Cheers,

RR

alandadp":w8mwsulu said:
My daughter has just got herself a new job, location ..... Orlando Florida! She will be emigrating, with husband in tow, next week and my good wife is already planning our first visit for some time in October.
I will be visiting your shores more frequently in the future laden down with large quantities of 'soap' to be scattered maliciously across your fair land :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You have been warned!
Congrats Alan.

There's no bigger pleasure than watching your children succeed!

Todd

My daughter worked in Orlando for a little over a year, it was fun to visit her there. Golden Corral and traffic are the downsides...... But the beaches top all of that!

Brewdude":wpjcyj7u said:
For a while there I thought that the Golden Corral might be a local reference to a place like the gentleman's establishments in NV.

RR
Two great minds Rande... I thought the same thing for a while. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking, ahem.

LOL. Even if the waitresses were topless, I just can't go through that again. I barely made it back to the house

Conversation I had with my father the first time I went to the Golden Corral as a child.

"It's weird. I would have thought this was a seafood restaurant."

My dad, "Why would you think this is a seafood restaurant?"

"You know, because of the sign."

"What?"

"Because it's The Golden Coral. Seafood."

"No son, that's Corral. Like ranches, livestock."

"Oh! That makes much more sense."

You'd be better off finding a nice seafood restaurant as it turns out. I look forward to having you come and am happy it's for wonderful reasons. Makes sure to check how much tobacco you can travel back with. A good opportunity to get good value for your money so long as you don't lose half to customs.