A Mclelleand similar to Nightcap

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLogo-Mat

Reaction score
Love Nightcap- but I'd like to find a Mclelland bulk blend similar/better in the same vein.
I wish their website was as user-friendly as C&D.

Any suggestions?

P.M. Pipe or Avenue P.M. (or whatever they're calling it these days).

I dunno about the PM Pipe recommendation, I got some in the other week and though it's a nice tobacco it doesn't taste anything like Nightcap to me. Nightcap is more sour than PM Pipe and PM is far sweeter according to my tastebuds.

I think 5110 out of all the McClelland tobaccos I've had might be the closest as it's their most well rounded bulk English I've tried, though it's still sweeter than Nightcap. 

If you're just after bulk tobacco and don't mind looking at non McClelland stuff, I can't recommend Arango Balkan Supreme enough. A really solid and tasty English for the price. Kicks Nightcap's arse in my opinion. 

Cheers 

Tim

What about bulk Star of the East from C&D? IMO it is far superior to Nightcap and at less than $3 an ounce you can't go wrong!

Timbo":q44n8yer said:
...I think 5110 out of all the McClelland tobaccos I've had might be the closest as it's their most well rounded bulk English I've tried, though it's still sweeter than Nightcap.
My experience also. One of my favorites, thanks to a recent bombing salvo. I prefer it over Nightcap, though I do like Nightcap when I want my bells rung. Something about the perique, maybe? Think I still have 5 or 10 tins hiding from me somewhere.

I do not second the Star of the East recommendation. Nightcap is a top 10 tobacco for me, though I haven't smoke it much in the past few years. I've tried Star of the East a couple times, and it has yet to impress me in any way. I can see the value because of price point, but as a "I love this tobacco!", I can't relate.

I did not want to get into this, but everyone's taste, likes or dislikes are different, in part due to your own bodies ph. Well, you get the idea. Nothing like Dunhill Nightcap TIN version ( I personally don't care for the bulk, even though blenders tell you it's the same!!! It's NOT ) I agree, give McClelland 5110 a try. I think you will hear a voice in the background saying......
" hey Mikie, he likes it "!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":bey0rdyx said:
I did not want to get into this, but everyone's taste, likes or dislikes are different, in part due to your own bodies ph. Well, you get the idea. Nothing like Dunhill Nightcap TIN version ( I personally don't care for the bulk, even though blenders tell you it's the same!!! It's NOT ) I agree, give McClelland  5110 a try. I think you will hear a voice in the background saying......
" hey  Mikie, he likes it "!  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
You're right on this, LC. To me, Nightcap is okay but not something I'll seek out... I mentioned Star of the East bc it just does something for me... when I want a strong lat blend it just is better, to me. And Star of the East Flake is even better!

5110 is a fine smoke...kind of like FM but beefed up.

I can't understand any comparisons to Nightcap, though...NC has a fair bit of Perique in it, while there's none in the 5110. YMMV, I suppose, but that threw me.