A raised pipe to my Grandfather...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good to hear that you have taken your Grandfathers lifes lessons to heart. As I said once before,you sound like a young man who has his head screwed on right. This is further proof of that! That tobacco might surprise you if you do re-hydrate it. Oh,Sugar Barrel is no longer available in pouches--tubs only.

Did I hear you mention somewhere that you smoke in Gramp's old workshop? I think a pic of that would be a fine addition to Smoking Dens/Man Caves in the Photo Gallery. Maybe not as fancy as what some of these guys have, but very special all the same.

I'll get right on that. I either smoke in the Shop, (When I'm alone), or the wood shop, (When I have company). I have recently influenced two buds with the Pipe. They both have Cobs now, and drool over my 16 pipe collection.
Zach

Wow, Zach. That was a tear-jerker. I will smoke a bowl in his honor.

The world needs more men like your grandfather. I'm sure he would be proud to see that you're turning out to be one of those men.

Best Regards.

Welp, My Grandfathers Birthday was April 25th. I smoked outta his Pipe for the first time. Great Smoker. And today was his Burial. I had to carry his urn, speak, and place him in the ground. I as a young man, refuse to cry. But on the day that he died, the day of his funeral, and today, I don't think I've ever cried as hard as I have. I do everything in my power to keep my chin up for both me and my Grandmother but it's so difficult. I believe I may have upset my (Step) Father, (whom I do consider a father) because I spoke of my Grandfather being the most positive role model in my life. He was so much more to me than a Grandfather I can't explain it. But now that it's all done with, and I came to my second home, (My girlfriends apartment) took a long nap, had a pipe, and preparing for my backpacking trip, I feel much better. I want to thank you all again. It's nice to just be able to write about him. I thank ya. I hope all of you have a wonderful day filled with pipe smoke.
Zach

Rob!!! I love that pipe. Its part of my regular rotation. And its gonna be my designated backpacking pipe! Thanks so much again for that. I love it..
Zach

Glad you're back, GMF. We thought we lost you to the wilderness on your camping trip or something.

Zach,

I've been watching this thread unfold, trying to decide the best way to respond.

It's not common for a gentleman of your age to have the maturity to understand and publicly acknowledge the feelings evoked by the relationship shared by the two of you. He provisioned you with the heart to be a man among men and you have fully embraced it. Know in your heart, you gave equally to him, enriching his later years. I applaud both of you, and know his gifts will follow you throughout life. Thank you for sharing with us.