A second pipe but what?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checking eBay site, thank you Dutch, and Missouri Meerschaum, thank you leftover421, am finding it really helpful.
Can get overwhelming there's just so many different styles and makes.

The Cobs are a really good idea as I can buy a few different shapes see what I like.

You wouldn't believe the price of pipes in Australia.
I've said I found a good tobacconist here in Oz online and I'm really happy with the product and fast delivery service good people.
The price is actually good but not by US standards.

http://www.tobaccoblends.com.au/en/5-pipe-tobacco?

There are other Oz online stores but they are expensive in comparison.

So another Brair as good as or even better than the Pete am thinking for a little more than $100 I may get a much better pipe.
Looking at the Stanwell.
Castello Estate Sea Rock for $135 no idea if it's a good name or price but a nice looking piece.
Ben Wade?
W.O. Larson?
Ardor I've heard are a good pipe?

I have to keep one eye on do they deliver to Australia and how much will that be.
Sometimes the postage can be as much as the product. First Class Mail is fine by me but some places just won't to it.

Anyway back to the sites.

Thank you again for the help, think I'm down to a short list.

A seller on ebay has a Charatan Lane-Era Smooth Pot for sale for $145.00. Excellent grain, gorgeous. I love pots but you may not. Group 5. New? Probably not being that old. but looks as if it were.

If I had the dough. . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARATANs-Lane-Era-DISTINCTION-Estate-Pipe-GROUP-5-Size-MADE-HAND-w2-/261120673265?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D3094359445631923789%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D5%26sd%3D251174437860%26

You might also look at Mario Grandi. They are only sold on eBay and generally have them to you within just a few days of ordering.

I've looked at the Mario Grandi a few times.
Really catch the eye, some a little out there but some are just beautiful and as you say kaiser83 in my price range.
Just ordered more pipe tobacco from my man down south.
I can see this pipe collecting can become a little addictive.
My other addiction being RedLine hot wheels, for my nephew of course.

Been eBaying solid for hours 1am here in Oz time to sleep.
I will dream of pipes I'm sure.

If you don't mind estates there are some good deals here too: https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t19970-pipe-accessory-for-sale-peterson-savinelli-jobey

Your price range of up to or around $100.00 gives you a nice range of pipes, maker wise to choose from. Owning and smoking a variety of the offerings from Savinelli, I cannot help but strongly recomend their pipes. One example would be the Delxe Milano line which are some VERY NICE pipes, both in appearance and smoking qualities. I've three which I've smoked for over thirty years now and they are some of my BEST smoking pipes I own and they did not cost me alot back when I bought 'em :p

Brebbia??? As good as (or better) than Sav's. And make no mistake, I have more Sav's then Brebbias. Just saying I love Brabbia pipes as well. Old GBD's are very good but I go for old Sasieni's rather than for a GBD. And I love m Stanwells as well.

Sasieni, Stanwell, Savinelli and Brebbia.

And, of corse, if you can get hold of a genuine old Parker, don't pass it buy.

JimInks":ybtq7mpk said:
As much as I like Peterson pipes, I think you should try something different to broaden your collection. I find Savinelli pipes to be very good in your price range. The same goes for Stanwell.
I echo this. I have a Stanwell Bulldog and a Savinelli Crosby style pipe, and they are great!

kaiser83":2r5wp4rr said:
If you don't mind estates there are some good deals here too: https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t19970-pipe-accessory-for-sale-peterson-savinelli-jobey
I agree

Someone needs to grab the Savinelli Estate Non Pareil 9904

I have one like it or I would get it. It is a great smoker.

Gentelmen I have my Cob's, 3 Missouri Meerscham, in the post on their way and can't wait to start smoking them when they arrive. To be fare it's only been a week and you guys have had some nasty weather in that time. They also have to come all the way to Australia.

I'm still agonizing over a second briar, yeah I know juts make a decision already, there are so many makers and styles.

I have an Aran 80 Pete with a slight, 1/4, bend/bent and I like it so very much. I'd buy another Pete tomorrow but am trying to broaden my horizon.

Looking for a no filter pipe (one of the cob's is a filter so I'll get a chance to try one with and without the filter) and one with a bend to it maybe even more of a bend than the Aran. I think I'd like a bigger bowl pipe this time to.

Looking at Stanwell, Savinelli many have filters.

What about Ben Wade, WO Larsen any others I should look at?

Got a few Estate Pipes on watch list ebay but I tend to get outbid on those, so far.

Found a few in my price range, which is going up all the time looking at spending $180 now.

Any and all advice is appreciated all site suggested I follow up. Thank you for the Cob suggestion as I've said I looked I liked I bought 3. Really need this second briar.

My brother just ordered one of these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stanwell-HC-Andersen-Polished-6-Tobacco-Pipe-/181019334916?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2597d904&_uhb=1#ht_598wt_699

his first proper briar. I'm not ready for a Chrurchwarden yet. Just like a second briar as good as my Pete.

Thank you for all your help thus far.

NewPipe":84o3l3ag said:
Gentelmen I have my Cob's, 3 Missouri Meerscham, in the post on their way and can't wait to start smoking them when they arrive. To be fare it's only been a week and you guys have had some nasty weather in that time. They also have to come all the way to Australia.

I'm still agonizing over a second briar, yeah I know juts make a decision already, there are so many makers and styles.

I have an Aran 80 Pete with a slight, 1/4, bend/bent and I like it so very much. I'd buy another Pete tomorrow but am trying to broaden my horizon.

Looking for a no filter pipe (one of the cob's is a filter so I'll get a chance to try one with and without the filter) and one with a bend to it maybe even more of a bend than the Aran. I think I'd like a bigger bowl pipe this time to.

Looking at Stanwell, Savinelli many have filters.

What about Ben Wade, WO Larsen any others I should look at?

Got a few Estate Pipes on watch list ebay but I tend to get outbid on those, so far.

Found a few in my price range, which is going up all the time looking at spending $180 now.

Any and all advice is appreciated all site suggested I follow up. Thank you for the Cob suggestion as I've said I looked I liked I bought 3. Really need this second briar.

My brother just ordered one of these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stanwell-HC-Andersen-Polished-6-Tobacco-Pipe-/181019334916?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2597d904&_uhb=1#ht_598wt_699

his first proper briar. I'm not ready for a Chrurchwarden yet. Just like a second briar as good as my Pete.

Thank you for all your help thus far.
Why don’t you hit up some of the pipe makers on this forum? I know I would rather have something made by one person, and made with time and love rather than a mass made in a factory. Also if you think about it you could get exactly what you want with a bit of back and forth communication. I personally have a little project being crafted for my by a wonderful pipe maker here on BoB. Check out the DIY section of this forum as there is quite a few artists there displaying their work. With some nice words you may be able to get one of them to make you just what you are looking for.

Great suggestion.
Enjoying the MM Cobs but I have questions.

Really like to put a stem on them like the stem on my Peterson Aran, material not style, I think that it's a vulcanite stem. The Cob stems are a bit soft and the way I chew them they may not last long. I found this site but then that raised more questions.

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/unfiltered.html

There's a Vulcanite or a Lucite stem.
Whats' the difference?
I'm looking for the harder material. I'm sure it used to be called "bakelite".
I have the filter no filter think worked out and the length of the stems look to be about the same as the ones on my MM Cobs.

Think I'm going to go with an Armellini for my second briar. A couple of reasons for this. First is that it's from the same fellas I get my tobacco from, so supporting the locals and all that (locals as in 2 states 1000 miles south). Second they have overnight delivery for $9 and I've procrastinated long enough over this. Third it won't be the last pipe I buy. They said if I get the pipe and don't like it send it back money back no worries. As long as I've not smoked it.

I'll probably spend the weekend surfing sites and change my mind yet again. Just before I turned in last night I was looking at a site with great pipes/price from one of the many links the BoB have put me on to. Can't have too many of those links.

All else fails I go for the Armellini and start looking for briar #3.

All advice appreciated.

Lucite is a petrolrum based plastic and Vulcanite is vulcanised rubber. The Lucite will be "harder" both in substance and feel on your teeth.