A SUV ran over my Nording Natural pipe....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i.keenum

Reaction score
Put it up on the roof of my car while i was putting my 2 year old in his car seat and drove onto the highway. As soon as i heard the clatter on the roof about fifty feet down the road i knew what I had done, i peer out the rear view and see it land on the pavement and go crunch right under the tire of a black tahoe. Well the next two things that happen are me spewing a sting of expletives that my recently talking toddler shouldn't have been exposed to and me yanking the car into the turning lane. Well the good of it is that a quick jog later i see that she had a few dents and is less a vulcanite free hand stem but other wise unscathed. Free hand stems are a dime a dozen and happens that i had one around, Good sanding and polish later and she is good as new. Pics to follow :pirat: anyone else crippled a pipe in such a manor before?

...you must here on in nickname it your "Road Rage" Nording.

Pictures, please. 8)

My lawnmower ate a billard one day. The pipe had fallen out of my shirt pocket. Fortunately it was a basket pipe. A good reason to smoke basket pipes when working around the yard.

It will be interesting to see how your Nording survived.

I don't think I would be so lucky and would never want to find out. Glad you have a happy ending.
Best Regards
Richard

Damn briar is a hardy wood. You are fortunate indeed! Just make sure you don't do that with the kid. ;)

Nice! Nording's are tough... glad it fared out okay. Your kid's vocabulary, well... :lol:

The fact that your pipe survived a drop to the road and a car tire is amazing :shock: .

You'll want to be really careful with that crack, especially since you are using a push stem. A crack like that can pop off a huge chunk of your shank. It is following the grain in line with your stem. You might want to consider having the shank bound somehow (at a reputable pipe repair shop). I have had a couple similar breaks and ended up having to repair all of them eventually. Be especially careful with the pipe while it is warm (or hot depending on how you smoke).

Good luck!

I was thinking that too but since its a free hand and not uniform roundness it seems like it would cost more to repair than what i bought the pipe for :cry:. Also i had to loose Mr. Nording's signature when i re finished it, it was one of the signature pipes.

You're lucky a SUV ran over it, if had been me driving my old '71 AMC Gremlin, I'd be suing you for the complete front end alignment and the severe damage to the frame it would have caused. :lol: That is an impressively tough pipe.

Natch

Whoh! Hold Everything! Stop!

That Briar is completely useless and will never smoke again. Send it to me and i'll see that it gets a proper retirement. I wouldn't want to see a fellow brother stuck with a pipe like that, after it has seen such hardship.
:lol!:

Come to think of it it is my first briar pipe couple of cobs and a meer before this ..... but first one of briar. Boy and i am lucky hope to have my first one for a long time to come.

i.keenum":5ry2wwzu said:
I Also i had to loose Mr. Nording's signature when i re finished it, it was one of the signature pipes.
...I bet if you sent him a message and told him the story, Erik would probably fix and sign it for you... he's a super nice guy... :lol:

i.keenum":dr9q3eib said:
Put it up on the roof of my car while i was putting my 2 year old in his car seat and drove onto the highway.
Hopefully it goes without say that people should not smoke while their children are in the car/house/etc...