A VERY SAD day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My condolences on the loss of your friend.

Visiting people in nursing homes and other facilities is a great thing to do. It really makes a difference in their lives.

Sorry to hear this, Monbla. I hope you find comfort in knowing that you made the last chapter of his life so much better by sharing your friendship with him.

Kyle said it best -

Kyle Weiss":5z51s9bu said:
It reaches far and wide, Monbla...I very much enjoyed your typing up the stories here on BoB, the stories told and the times you spent together.

Tonight's pipe's goin' out to him for sure. Send him off at the services well, Mon. You were good to him, and he to you, it seems. :) They don't make 'em like that anymore, do they?
My condolences for your loss, Monbla. There's no doubt how much you each meant to each other. My heart goes out to you, my friend.

I'm saddened to hear of your loss, but the way you brightened his life is an inspiration, brother.

Very sad to hear this Michael. Perhaps you can take comfort that you'll always have the fond memories of your time together, smoking pipes in a brotherly way and sharing memories and stories. No doubt your visits brought welcome companionship into his life.

And you'll have his pipes to look after from now on. What a connection you'll still have with him, knowing you'll keep the smoking lamp lit in his memory as you connect with him in this way.

Hope the hurt of his passing heals in due course, and you can remember the happy times with this special man and his friendship.

Thanks for sharing this difficult experience.

:(

Cheers,

RR

I am sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like you made a great friend and fellow pipe smoker. I'm sure he really looked forward to your weekly visits and talks. It sounds like they really meant a lot to him.

If only he could have known that all these pipe smoking guys who never met him were so touched by his friendship with Monbla.

Old Dunhills, not much tobacco left, a not-so-old friend, and a quick exit from the stage -- not a bad way to go. Sorry for your loss.

Very sorry Monbla. I like to tell myself that there is an unlimited supply of pipe tobacco in the after life (even Penzance and FVF!). I hope it's true.

Monbla,

Sorry for your loss. Obviously the time you spent with him meant an awful lot to him and his loved ones.

The next pipe I smoke will be in honor of "You," both for the wisdom you share here and for being a friend to some one in need of friendship. :D

-D&B

Monbla,

My condolances to you and his family. It's good to know that there are great people like yourself still in this world, who are selfless and take care of others in their time of need.

I am sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Jim

Sorry for your loss, i'm sure your friend cherished the time you spent together.