Abe Herbaugh Commissioned

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmpipe

Reaction score
Just wanted to give Abe Herbaugh some credit. I received my first artisan pipe in the mail yesterday. Working with Abe through the 2-3 week process was exactly as collaborative as I had hoped it would be. As I mentioned in another thread I'm not really sure how someone could have turned this block of briar into this product... beyond my comprehension.

image210.jpg

img_4210.jpg

img_4211.jpg

img_4212.jpg

img_4214.jpg

img_4213.jpg

img_4215.jpg

img_4216.jpg

That's one of them there designy doojobby pipes. A cool one for sure though. Dual finishes aren't usually my thing, but they did a nice job with yours.

Ohhhh. I think a polished chestnut Burl against a black blast is totally cool. This one looks like...”a ribbon in the sky”. A little Stevie Wonder thing there. I’ll bet this one feels good in the hand too.

The pics are all from Abe. He sent pics at different stages of the process.

I told him upfront that I wanted one of his Incubus designs, but fairly large since I don't clench when I smoke. The idea was to do a partial blast, but I wanted more blast than smooth. After he finished freehand carving he gave me a few different options for mapping out the smooth/blast portions. The pipe fits my hand like a glove... can't wait to start seasoning it.

Blackhorse":esaaywm4 said:
Now THERE’S a unique and gorgeous design.  Good show!  :cheers:

His photos, or yours?  Whomever did the photo shoot it’s really professional.
Yup, that's one unique looking pipe v well executed.

I agree with your photo comments too Mr BH. Looking at the last pic I'd say it was shot with a 50mm prime stopped down to at least f1.8.

Great stuff.

Abe is an artist! He used to live in this area, and would drop by our local club meetings (in VA). I should have bought one of his pieces then! He's a nice guy to boot.