Altadis um?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconer

Reaction score
My best friend, Iron, a cigar smoker has just taken up the pipe a couple months ago and has been buying pipes and tobacco like a mad man ever since. Today he gave me a sampling of Altadis but the label was missing except for the ending two letters ...UM. I told him not to expect much on my report since I am basically a VaPers man and really have little interest in any other types. Well I don't know if it was because my K-State Wildcats won big time over interstate rival KU tonight (59-7) or the fact that the weather was perfect out on the deck with the Canadian geese chattering on the lake or the fact that the Pendleton whisky was at my side and the weather was perfect with no wind and a full display of stars. But I was in a really good mood. So I tried this baccy and OMG! It was simply divine! I'd never tried Altadis thinking it was nothing but another OTC type and I'd not had any luck with them in the past. But I have to tell your this stuff was great if not marvelous.
It packed and lit easily and stayed lit without any problem. (one match) Once it settled down, the enjoyable flavoring was apparent and I'd only loaded a half bowl in my old prince! I wouldn't call this an aromatic, if there's casing it's very light. It's a Cavendish cut. There was no bite whatsoever. Is this Butter Rum?

Piet this will be in your Christmas package in 20011.

Falconer":so0l6trf said:
My best friend, Iron, a cigar smoker has just taken up the pipe a couple months ago and has been buying pipes and tobacco like a mad man ever since. Today he gave me a sampling of Altadis but the label was missing except for the ending two letters ...UM. I told him not to expect much on my report since I am basically a VaPers man and really have little interest in any other types. Well I don't know if it was because my K-State Wildcats won big time over interstate rival KU tonight (59-7) or the fact that the weather was perfect out on the deck with the Canadian geese chattering on the lake or the fact that the Pendleton whisky was at my side and the weather was perfect with no wind and a full display of stars. But I was in a really good mood. So I tried this baccy and OMG! It was simply divine! I'd never tried Altadis thinking it was nothing but another OTC type and I'd not had any luck with them in the past. But I have to tell your this stuff was great if not marvelous.
It packed and lit easily and stayed lit without any problem. (one match) Once it settled down, the enjoyable flavoring was apparent and I'd only loaded a half bowl in my old prince! I wouldn't call this an aromatic, if there's casing it's very light. It's a Cavendish cut. There was no bite whatsoever. Is this Butter Rum?

Piet this will be in your Christmas package in 20011.
Interesting Man!!!!
Clearly I have not a clue what you dudes are talking about!!!!!
Thanks for the shout out brother Dutch!!!!
:scratch: :scratch:

Altadis has many that think of it as the wet goopy OTC blends and for a hile they were right. But they have finally seen the light and are cutting the preservatives down and coming out with many good blends that will match up to any out there. I really like this company as they are very proactive in the pipe tobacco arena, soming out with new blends often and are very giving of free samples and sponcering events. I have developed a good relationship with them over the years and have reviewed almost every blend they have. They do listen to us. I wish you could describe the blend a little more as to flavor, aroma, etc and I might be able to tell you what it is.

I don't have very much experience with Altadis blends, but I have tried Voodoo Queen (mostly because I like the name). Pretty good as far as Latakia blends go, as I'm not a Latakia lover. A blend of Mocha Slices, Latakia and Perique.

Sorry StrongIrish but I've been on VaPers for so long I'm not sure if I can break it down properly. I was given only few bowls full so I'm working with memory here. The baccy was medium dark with spots of black. The cut was a very fine, a short ribbon cut, reminded me of peat moss or borkim riff only shorter. The smell was quite sweet with over tones of vanilla or fruit. My wife really liked the aroma once it was lit. It is very mild with no tongue bite whatsoever. I would say by the descriptions I've read it is 1M except supposidly the cut is broken flake and this is definately a more finer cut than that. All I can say for sure is it ends with UM or M.

I've asked my buddy Iron to contact whoever he bought it from and find out what exactly what it was he bought from them.

Intersting, are you sure you know what you are smoking there Brother Dutch???

New Smoker":zc7a952f said:
Piet Binsbergen":zc7a952f said:
Intersting, are you sure you know what you are smoking there Brother Dutch???
At least its not water buffalo dung ;)

Oh Shizit NS, here we go again!!!!!!! just wait till Valky sees this one,
.........Run Forrest, Run.......!!! :lol!:

I said I was smoking a Piet Binsbergen bull cap, not Piet Binsbergen bull crap! :lol!:

Falconer":4el1vqo6 said:
I said I was smoking a Piet Binsbergen bull cap, not Piet Binsbergen bull crap! :lol!:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Well, here is a link to all Altadis blends, may one of the descriptions will jog something familiar to your memory of it. They have a lot of blends.

www.altadisusa.com/cigar/bulktobacco.asp

Good luck!

Falconer":7z4bb1b4 said:
HA!!!!
Now that one will be hard to beat!!!! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Okay so it turns out this baccy is 1M. This suprised me because of the description on "Tobacco Reviews". It says the cut is broken flake and this is most definately not what I'd call boken flake...

I reckon I'll just order some and see for myself. :cheers:

A blend of Burley, Virginia and Green River Black Cavendish combined with a secret flavoring to create an amazing aroma. This blend produces a mild smoke.

Secret flavoring,,,,any guesses?,,,,

mark":tv33yf48 said:
A blend of Burley, Virginia and Green River Black Cavendish combined with a secret flavoring to create an amazing aroma. This blend produces a mild smoke.

I'd say vanilla. Dang this is an aromatic isn't it? And I'd thought I'd swore them off.

Piet Binsbergen":0y5dbwve said:
Falconer":0y5dbwve said:
HA!!!!
Now that one will be hard to beat!!!! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Yep hard to beat, Valkenaar = :king:

Falconer":kq4ds6ux said:
mark":kq4ds6ux said:

I'd say vanilla. Dang this is an aromatic isn't it? And I'd thought I'd swore them off.
Aromatics (shhhh,,ye ain't sofisticatid if ya let on like yoo like em,,,but I won't squeal on ya cuz I got me sum too,,,shhhh)

Mark, nice seasonal avatar. I was sure though you had a tattoo on your butt. Or maybe that was the cow. No, that was a brand or some other strange Mark :lol!: .