Am I doing this right?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Welp, I've been a long time cigar smoker, but it's getting old and too expensive to enjoy every day. I picked up a cheap pipe and some aromatic at the local cigar shop to try out and I like it quite a bit. The only variety I've tried so far.

I've been lurking around here for that last few weeks, and thanks to the internet (this forum), I got lucky and snagged a tin of FVF and some Squadron Leader out of nowhere (should be here next week). Pipe smoking seems so much more accessible and adventurous compared to cigars.

Welcome to the forums. Have a lot of fun exploring the world of the pipe!

"T"

Welcome! Lurkers-turn-members is a common way to join, and compliments all of us and how we conduct ourselves. 8)

standardtoaster":ofko0tkn said:
Welp, I've been a long time cigar smoker, but it's getting old and too expensive to enjoy every day. I picked up a cheap pipe and some aromatic at the local cigar shop to try out and I like it quite a bit. The only variety I've tried so far.

I've been lurking around here for that last few weeks, and thanks to the internet (this forum), I got lucky and snagged a tin of FVF and some Squadron Leader out of nowhere (should be here next week). Pipe smoking seems so much more accessible and adventurous compared to cigars.
Welcome! And it seems like you're doing it right! As a cigar smoker I'd be surprised if you did not find FVF and Squadron Leader much more enjoyable than the average aromatic. Let us know if you enjoy 'em

Welcome Aboard! You have NO idea what you have gotten yourself into.

AND SO IT STARTS!!!

Thanks for the welcoming party! About to go work on my second bowl for the day, these two ounces aren't lasting long. I'm starting to like the lifetime stockpile idea some of you guys have. Considering I can get the same amount of smoking time in a large tin as I can for a box of cigars at a fraction of the price.

Welcome ! Pipe smoking / collecting is such a great adventure.... It's also an endless quest for that elusive blend or that piece of briar that catches your eye....

Erik

Just got my Sam Gawith Squadron Leader. :shock: Holy Jesus English tobacco... Had to triple bag it before I stuck it in my gym bag.

What have I done!

FVF smells great, can't wait to try these out tonight.

I'm excited, that you're excited about all the money you are going to save smoking pipes and pipe tobacco, in place of cigars! :lol:

Welcome, Probably half of the old farts here morphed over from cigars for exactly the same reason. Still enjoy them from time to time, but pipes give you so many more options, at a fraction the cost (if you don't count the pipes!).

Natch

Oh man, virginias. It's like what I always thought cigarettes (from my college years) should taste like. Instead of the pressed cardboard flavor I remember. Or maybe I just smoked crappy cigarettes? :confused:

No, this FVF has me hooked. I almost don't want to smoke any more of it and just save it forever.