American in Norway

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the group. What kind of tobacco are you currently smoking?
Thanks for jumping in and welcoming me! I don't have any pipe friends so this is great.
I am currently smoking HH Dark Fired. I am giving it a second shot, because I didn't really like it the first time around. It's not offensive, but I don't like the cigar forward flavors.
What about you?

Last edited:
Welcome to the group. Good bunch of guys on here. If you're in Norway I would assume you can get McBaren blends. They have a bunch of choices. If you like aros Vanilla Creme is good. I personally like 7 Seas regular but they offer a lot if good blends.

Welcome to the group. Good bunch of guys on here. If you're in Norway I would assume you can get McBaren blends. They have a bunch of choices. If you like aros Vanilla Creme is good. I personally like 7 Seas regular but they offer a lot if good blends.
Yes, there is MacBaren all over the place here. I don't like aromatics. Have you found any aros that you think a non-aro smoker would like? They all burn very one note and flat to me. I don't really ever get any flavors other than the topping

Welcome from Southern AZ! I’m of Norwegian descent. I have a couple of cousins that packed up and have lived in Norway for decades. They are retired and enjoy a snowbird life in Spain and the Canaries during the winter.

I’ve tried to like MacBarren HH mixtures but they all have that distinctive topping flavor that I can’t stand.

Yes, there is MacBaren all over the place here. I don't like aromatics. Have you found any aros that you think a non-aro smoker would like? They all burn very one note and flat to me. I don't really ever get any flavors other than the topping
You might try CS Rivendell or Choctaw. I find both of them very pleasing. Also SWRA.

Welcome from Southern AZ! I’m of Norwegian descent. I have a couple of cousins that packed up and have lived in Norway for decades. They are retired and enjoy a snowbird life in Spain and the Canaries during the winter.
Oh wow! I don't think I could handle that AZ heat, but I have been a few times in winter and enjoyed myself. Spain is definitely where the locals go to warm up here haha

Welcome. Looks like you’re off and running here. Excellent.

My mother, Helga’s, folks came to the USA “on the boat” from Norway. Northern Minnesota dairy farmers, plus taught music in the school. Raised ten tow headed kids. They always spoke Norwegian when together. Made me dizzy.

Welcome. Looks like you’re off and running here. Excellent.

My mother, Helga’s, folks came to the USA “on the boat” from Norway. Northern Minnesota dairy farmers, plus taught music in the school. Raised ten tow headed kids. They always spoke Norwegian when together. Made me dizzy.
haha, funnily enough, it's a really easy language to learn! It does sound crazy though. Thanks!

My mother, Helga’s, folks came to the USA “on the boat” from Norway. Northern Minnesota dairy farmers, plus taught music in the school.
Probably not far from the Burlington Route tracks that brought so many from the boat to low price farm land in WI MN ND and MT. Our family still farms and ranches land in western ND.