An Experiment in Rusticating and Repair

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it depends on what you put in your fireplace. If you burn your trash, probably not suggested. :lol: Somewhere on here I read firepit ash (from wood) working well as a "mud." I don't see an issue with it. *shrug*

Glad it's smokin' good for ya.

(...and always a fan of that screaming Mohawk pipe--if I find one, I'm gettin' it...it's full of life.)

8)

Kyle Weiss":3wdz9z3y said:
I think it depends on what you put in your fireplace. If you burn your trash, probably not suggested. :lol: Somewhere on here I read firepit ash (from wood) working well as a "mud." I don't see an issue with it. *shrug*

Glad it's smokin' good for ya.

(...and always a fan of that screaming Mohawk pipe--if I find one, I'm gettin' it...it's full of life.)

8)
The fireplace mud is rated a 2000 degrees and the pipe probably doesn't get any hotter then 750 degrees and that's when you draw off it so, I feel confident now that they'll be no problems.
And you might have a bit of trouble finding one of those pipes, he seems to only make one of each character.

Cartaphilus":bv7l3zmz said:
The fireplace mud is rated a 2000 degrees and the pipe probably doesn't get any hotter then 750 degrees and that's when you draw off it so, I feel confident now that they'll be no problems.
And you might have a bit of trouble finding one of those pipes, he seems to only make one of each character.
Then I can assure myself the possibility of something entirely different with some personality. Don't dash my hopes man... they're my... hopes! :lol:

8)

Did another just today. Got about 20 pipes in and many where just Grabows and firewood (as far as I'm concerned) but, there were a few nice ones. A Jobey, Parker and a Hardcastle. The Hardcastle had some flaws and mars so what the hey, we went at it and I think it came out well.
Somebody better take this Dremel outta my hand before I start doing some real damage.

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg
DSC00790.jpg
DSC00791.jpg
DSC00792.jpg
DSC00793.jpg

Two fine looking pipes. Definitely need the before pics so we can see the transformation, but all in all you have done two fine jobs sir.

Thank you sir. Yeah, I keep forgetting to take before's.
I promise next time for sure.

The little single trails that connect everything on this second one are a tad much, but that's just my eye. 8) I would have terminated them as a taper at the apex tips of the V-shaped clusters (if that makes sense), but again...just my finickiness. The first one looks a little more natural.

Still, great concept and great clean-up job!

Another great job, Mr. Cart! I'm really starting to like the idea of rustication on the stem.

Kyle Weiss":sbair7fo said:
The little single trails that connect everything on this second one are a tad much, but that's just my eye. 8) I would have terminated them as a taper at the apex tips of the V-shaped clusters (if that makes sense), but again...just my finickiness. The first one looks a little more natural.

Still, great concept and great clean-up job!

Kyle, Aint no pleasing ya is there. You remind me of my EX wife, she was a pain in the @$!%&*?*! too! LOL!

George Kaplan":a5b4tqs9 said:
Another great job, Mr. Cart! I'm really starting to like the idea of rustication on the stem.
Thank you again sir!
And I did find a before of the last pipe but, it aint too good but, I reckon you'll all get the idea.
CopyofT2eC16JHJHIE9nysd6YLBPBqWWWg60_57.jpg

Cartaphilus":ur69stvx said:
Kyle, Aint no pleasing ya is there. You remind me of my EX wife, she was a pain in the @$!%&*?*! too! LOL!
Hey, at least with me there's no alimony. :p